Windows 7 Windows 7 IE (problems clicking on Link)

RWeiss71

I have Win7 loaded on two computers, 1 Desktop and 1 Laptop. When I use IE and try to click on a link it will not open it, but if I hold down the CTRL key and then click on the link it works fine except that it opens in a new tab. Any ideas what can be causing this?

RobW

The link is on a web site and it is a simple http statement. And it works fine with Safari and Firefox, but not IE that comes with Windows 7.

RE: Which sites don't open...

:razz: Usually about half the links on sites such as:
www.komotv.com
www.msn.com
www.seattlepi.com
www.microsoft.com

zooming in on an image of a posted item on Ebay does not open unless I hold down the CTRL Key when clicking on the Link.

Other than that I think Microsoft has done a bang up job on Win7.

Thanks

Rob_W

P.S.

Infact once I posted this comment and attempted to click on the active links for the sites that I listed they would not come up unless I held down the CTRL key when clicking on the link.

Rob_W

Last edited:
:razz: Usually about half the links on sites such as:
www.komotv.com
www.msn.com
www.seattlepi.com

OOHHHH ... no wonder.. you didn't say you were trying to load the links from another web page. I see this all the time. Your popup blocker is set too strong..... or some kind of security deal... the links are trying to open in some kind of funny way... like a popup..

I'll bet you can right click on any of them that don't work and select "open in NEW window" and sail on.

You probably don't notice the small bar ... right under favorites ... that asks you if you want to allow the popups. which are the web pages actually trying to open.

RE: Problem resolved. Thanks

Oh My God... I feel like an idiot. I don't remember ever having this happen before :D. My Pop-up blockers were set to High. Thanks, I have been fighting this for several month.

Rob_W :eek:

Back