Windows 7 Windows 7 Installation Cannot See Hard Drive - Help Please!

bmirak

I'm trying to do a clean install of Windows 7 on a newly-assembled PC. Windows 7 boots fine, but it cannot find a hard drive, even though BIOS sees the drive. Here's my specifics:

- I am using a Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H motherboard.
- My LG blue ray player is connected to SATA2_0. It works fine.
- My HDD is connected to SATA2_1.
- BIOS is listing the optical drive as Channel 0 Master, and the HDD is Channel 1 Master.
- I have also tried connecting the HDD to SATA2_2. When I do this, the BIOS lists it as Channel 0 Slave.
- The SATA AHCI mode is set to IDE.

I've tried installing 32 and 64 versions of Windows 7, but when I get to the part about selecting a HDD to install to, no drives are displayed. I tried popping in my motherboard's driver cd, but Windows 7 finds no drivers on the cd.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I could really use some help here! Thanks in advance!

Update: I bought a new hard drive, and now Windows sees it.

But now there's a new problem. After going through the entire isntallation process, an error message pops up saying: "Windows could configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation."

I retried the installation and got the same message. Any ideas?

If windows is having a problem with a device installation, you may need to disable everything you can. Unplug any external devices and turn off whatever you can in the bios, like perhaps the sound or ethernet adapter.

If it get almost all the way, it may be a video problem.

There were no compatibility warnings when you started the install?

Does your motherboard require any SATA / RAID / AHCI controller drivers be loaded prior to beginning the Windows 7 installation?

Jessica

Back
Top Bottom