Windows 7 Windows 7 installation freeze.

CtrlAltElite

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

I recently replaced all the parts in my computer except for the graphics card. So now that I have a practically new computer, I tried installing Windows 7. I have the Windows 7 Pro 64-bit DVD that I purchased at student pricing.

My motherboard posts, and I can go into bios without any problems at all. Even my ram, which I only have 1 stick installed, is good. But when I pop in the Win7 DVD, it goes through the bars, then freezes at the animated logo with Starting Windows.

This is incredibly frustrating. I've tried getting it to boot from a USB stick, but to no avail.

Anyways, here are my parts.

ASUS P7P55D-E Pro Motherboard
Intel i5 750
OCZ Z3G1600LV4GK 2GB ram
Seagate 1TB Barracuda HDD
xFx nVidia 7600GT Fata1ty edition
700W OCZ StealthXStream

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

When you run the 7 disk do you have the boot order changed so CD/DVD is first? (otherwise called booting from disk)

getting the logo he must be booting dvd. drivers be my guess. you can integrate them or supply a usb stick and point there when called for

I have a feeling that it may be the MoBo as I have the P7P55D and I get to unpack get to the logo then i restart unpack logo and repeat and repeat and repeat

I have also seen the ASUS P7P55D in its several versions mentioned in a lot of thread in different places having problems loading Win 7

So much for Win 7 ready like it says on the box

I have a feeling that it may be the MoBo as I have the P7P55D and I get to unpack get to the logo then i restart unpack logo and repeat and repeat and repeat

I have also seen the ASUS P7P55D in its several versions mentioned in a lot of thread in different places having problems loading Win 7

So much for Win 7 ready like it says on the box

Would a bios update help in this instance?

I don´t think your problem is solved with bios update.
This is what happened to me,
Windows 7 installed half way, or istalled and restarted over and over.
I had my computer stripped of everything possible, tested with all
sort of borrowed things, booting with usb-stick etc.
I also had the motherboard send in for test(Gigabyte MA790 XT), no problem found.
My powersupply was to weak, i changed and it works perfect.
Could that be your problem too?

Solved my problem with this.

Had to Change my PSU.

Might want to look at that as well. I thought mine was ok but turned out i was wrong

I don't think it a PSU problem, he's using a top-notch one - being the 700W OCZ StealthXStream. That supply gets very good ratings.

It may be defective though, get it tested at your local computer shop just to verify that though.

Double check you RAM settings in BIOS on your mobo, check the timings and clock speed. Also verify how you have your hard drive settings in the BIOS. Since you have one drive, it would be best to set your drive for the AHCI mode.

Back