Windows 7 Windows 7 Installation Hang

Darktimes

I've recently purchased a new media PC to run Windows 7 RC with the new and refreshed WMC compared to Vista. Problem is that the everything works fine until the computer restarts and does the "Completing installation" in which it hangs for an extreme amount of time of where the bar appears to be at around 75%. However, that happens after it seems to refresh the resolution. I let it sit there for an hour or so to see the "Setting up Windows" portion occur with the line of light with the blip in the center in which it proceeded to hang again for another hour or so until I could enter my information.

I actually got it to boot Windows 7 but it crashed to a black screen with a flashing underscore symbol. Once that happened I tried Vista and got everything installed and updated and when I went to restart it after the update it hung up after entering my password.

CPU- Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Tuner Card- Newegg.com - Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/ClearQAM/NTSC TV Tuner PCI w/Remote 1199 PCI Interface - TV Tuners & Video Devices
CD/DVD- Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 4X BD-ROM 8X DVD-ROM 32X CD-ROM SATA Internal 4X Blu-ray Reader Model iHOS104-06 - Blu-Ray Drives
PSU- Newegg.com - ENERMAX Tomahawk ETK405AST 405W ATX12V V2.2 AirGuard, Speed Guard and Safe Guard Power Supply - Power Supplies
MOBO- Newegg.com - ASUS P5QPL-VM EPU LGA 775 Intel G41 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
RAM- Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ - Desktop Memory
Case- Newegg.com - LIAN LI Black Aluminum PC-C32B ATX Media Center / HTPC Case - HTPC / Media Center Cases

I am utilizing my 42 inch plasma as a monitor which is plugged into the HDMI port.

Back