Windows 7 windows 7 installation

ripe

Hi.

I tried to install windows 7 (latest) but when it reboots second time it hangs up on windows logo screen. I tried to wait about 5 - 10 minutes but there doesn't seem to be any harddrive activity.
Does the it take longer time and did i give up too soon? I have tried allso installing vist 32 and 64 bit with same problem. Does the installation take longer time and do i have to wait longer for them to install?

My PC is:

AMD Athlon 64 3.1 ghz
4 gigs of memory
gforce 8500 512 mb
2 sata 2 drives`

Thank you for any advice.

Yes. I'm trying to install it on clean partition (116gb) on sata 2 drive. Yes and i have xp installed on drive c: The partition i'm trying to install is on completly different harddisk than Xp. Yes on Dual-boot. And i have booted the installation from the win 7 CD.

As I've stated in some other posts, I'm no dual-boot expert.

I believe Windows 7 is looking to install on your C: drive.

Does your new drive show up in Windows Explorer? If it doesn't I would format the new drive that you want to install Windows 7 on?

Does your new drive show up in Windows Explorer? If it doesn't I would format the new drive that you want to install Windows 7 on?

Sounds Right to me. Did you choose the Advance install, that where you can choose which drive you want.

Sorry, but I don't have two drives, I just split my main drive into separate partitions and C: had Vista on it.

"I tried to install windows 7 (latest)"
Which one would that be?

The version is Windows 7 Official Beta 1 build 7000 x64 EN.

I have XP on C: and wan't to install as dual-boot this windows 7 seven on a separate harddisk witch is partitioned in 2 partitions I: and H: and i wan't to install win7 on I: Yes the harddisk and all partitisions shows up in explorer in XP

Thank you for your replies anyway.

Best regards Ripe

Last edited:
LOL. Maybe not this time. Seems that ripe has installed, but for some reason the bootup cannot find it on the second drive.
The link aerik gave explains all, but it is such a simple procedure, it should have worked.
Maybe a Sata expert can help you out, I dont have those installed.
As you have tried both 32 and 64 bit, it is not likely a bad DVD.

1. You could install EasyBcd (free download) and see if you can set it up a little better from there. It is a magic program. 2. But in your case, I would open th Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management and format the other hard disk there, for a start, then try the installation again. Whilst your there, give the other HD a name you can recognise, it avoids mistakes.
3. Try installing from inside XP (run "setup.exe") The installation may recognise the other hard disk right through the process. That has often worked for me in tough cases.

I would suggest you create a new post regarding the exact problem you are experiencing. since we had to ask alot of questions to get to the problem.

Type in something like e "Dual-boot issues or Dual-boot problems.

That was it will show up at the top of the posts and you should get better replies.

I also suggest you describe your issue in detail in your new posting.

I would suggest you create a new post regarding the exact problem you are experiencing. since we had to ask alot of questions to get to the problem.

Type in something like e "Dual-boot issues or Dual-boot problems.

That was it will show up at the top of the posts and you should get better replies.

I also suggest you describe your issue in detail in your new posting.

Thanks. I'll try.

I'm not very good in english so i can't clearly describe the problem. I'll write it ones more.

Here we go:

I burned the windows 7 image on a DVD with 4x write speed. I have tried to install it from within Xp but Xp says something like this " this application can not be executed...etc " Something to do with XP being 32 bit and windows 7 64 bit?
Then i inserted the DVD and rebooted and from BIOS " Boot from DVD " and the setup started. Everything goes well to the point where it is " Completing setup " There it's doing it's stuff about 2 - 4 minutes and reboots second time. When it reboots and the windows 7 logo shows and under it reads " Starting Windows " and the logo " Glows " like, the harddisk reads about 20 seconds and DVD drive spins about 20 seconds, then the windows logo stops " Glowing " and the disk activities stops and nothing happens.

I tried on that " hangup " point Ctrl+Alt+Del, no success. Tried Alt+F4, no success. Numlock works though on keyboard. I have waited on that point about 30 minutes because i readed somewhere it can take up to 2 hours to install, but after i waited about 30 minutes i gave up.

The Vista ( both 32 bit and 64 bit any version) behaves the same. I can't install them either.

I have updated BIOS. I am shure i have hardware up to date for Vista and Windows 7.
I have tried allso the Vista upgrade advisor and regarding to it my PC is up to date.

Things i have not tried yet is removing 2 gigs of ram so that i would have only 2gigs during installation procedure. But could it be that?

Hello,

I have same problem like guys before me but with one different. My PC is after first restart turned OFF or maked menu with

start in safe mode
start in safe mode with command
blah blah
start normaly

I maked clean instalation on my 160GB Hitachi Sata2 disk. Only 1 disk and 1 partition, but after first restart setup in not continued. I try to install this WIn at my Friend and is working good. Then HDD must be OK.
Hitachi wrote - sata2 disk is suported automaticly at windowses.

My PC:

Asus M2NPV-VM
GeForce 8600GT
Sata2 Hitachi 160GB
A-data 2x 1GB RAM 667 Mhz

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit RC1 7057 and the same problem Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit 7000

Please help me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom