Windows 7 Windows 7 internet delays, drops

scorpion1206

recently installed windows 7 and noticed this problem. I was on the internet and a page took a little longer to load so i clicked again and it worked. After a while I went on youtube and saw that the video stopped loading a 1/4 of the way in. I was also playing Aion and it would disconnect me from the server. It's like the internet connection works for 30 secs drops for 5 and then starts up again. It has been doing this for a while, i never had this problem on vista, i thought it might have been my router so i replaced the router. Everyone else is running vista/xp at my house and they can stream videos and play games just fine.

Im running a Dell XPS M1530 laptop with an Intel Wifi Link 4965AGN

Driver Provider: Intel
Driver Date: 9/15/2009
Driver Version 13.0.0.107

I have a feeling its the driver but i cant find a newer one.

I have a similar problem but I never see a failure of the network connection itself. MSN and Ventrilo continue to run, I just lose the http portion of my connection. It takes a minute or so for the internet to start working again.

Did you guys upgrade a Vista install to 7?

I'm starting to wonder if it's the upgrade. I've heard a lot of clean installs are OK.

Mine was a clean install.
But, I may have found a fix for it. I changed my network adapter settings and locked it down to 100/full and my performance has increased significantly. It's been several hours and I haven't had any issues with web pages not opening.

Okay. Good to know. I'll enable my adapter for 100MB Full Duplex. it was set to auto negotiate. I also updated my Norton internet security 2009 (was installed on Vista) to 2010. It may make a difference.

Well, I have had a couple of interruptions so it isn't the entire solution, but it did make a large difference. I'll let you know if I find anything else that works

I think I've managed to overcome the problem. Simply installed new firmware on my Netgear router. Internet still seems a bit slow, but at least it works

Back