Windows 7 Windows 7 issue

Parky

I've just finished building myself a new PC and decided to put Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on it, i've got an issue with the loading of windows 7, however the computer has been running before as i've managed to put on my drivers, install the Win7 updates and install Bioshock, however, after rebooting my PC from those installations i can no longer get onto the log in screen and my computer just hangs after the windows animation on the screen before.
We're not sure if it has something to do with the Express Gate or not as it keeps saying that it's not isntalled properly.
Oh, and if it boots up in Safe mode, it works fine

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Chris

Have you tried pressing F8 when booting and then choosing 'Last good known configuration'?

I should probably add that before i added the drivers and installed the updates, i could get into windows fine pressing F8 and booting from the hard drive, but that no longer works

Have you tried booting from the disk and choosing 'Repair' or 'System restore'?

I've tried using the startup repair tool, and it said that there was no problems detected, so it hasn't done anything, i've chosen to restore the system to a point where the updates aren't on as i believe that is what could be causing it at the minute

After using the system restore at many different points, i can safely say that it's not anything on the computer that's stopping it coming on, and using the startup repair did nothing, i also ran a memory test to see if that had anything to do with it, but agian, nothing.

As i siad in my original post, i think the problem could be this express gate business, as it seems to be the only thing that could be wrong at the minute, apparently it's not installed properly, however i can't get on to windows to install it properly.

I should probably add that before i added the drivers and installed the updates, i could get into windows fine pressing F8 and booting from the hard drive, but that no longer works
It is strange the F8 key seems to work as you indicate. In most installs, the F12 key is used for that and the F8 is used to get into safe mode in Windows. Maybe you are hitting it too soon.

What is Bioshock?

Even though you now say you are certain nothing added since the install is causing the problem, the above statement would seem to indicate otherwise. Maybe you could try to reset the bios defaults and reset the items you have changed.

It would seem that i have been hitting the F8 key too early, just been talking with a friend and it seems to be that my graphics drivers were causing the issue, i've just uninstalled them and i'm working around fixing it now.
Bioshock is a game just for the record aswell . I'll be sure to keep this updated, just incase anyone has a similar problem this might help em out

Glad to hear your near to a solution and thanks for updating your post too..

I've just gotten round to putting on the most recent drivers for my graphics card (Radeon HD5800 series) and i've hit the problem again, i'm just going to look to see if there's a windows update i can put on to fix it, if not, i'm stumped again

I've just gotten round to getting the latest drivers for my HD5800 graphics card, however i seem to be at the same problem again, does anyone know of a fix windows 7 may have to stop this? otherwise i'll get onto AMD about it :p
As per i'll keep this updated with any findings i have whilst looking for a solution.

It seems to be though, that i've narrowed the problem down to a graphics driver issue

P.S Sorry about the double post >.<

Last edited:
I'm giving the Hotfix a download now, might take a while at these internet speeds though, i'll get back to you guys when i've given it a go.

My dads been messing with it, and we've put a good guess on it being a driver clash of some sort, it only seems to crash when the graphic drivers go on, but it works fine without them

Back