Windows 7 windows 7 keeps crashing

crimson487

Hello everyone.
I am running windows 7 on my desktop pc and at random occurrences it decides to crash and give me the BOSD. I am running x64 and I did a clean install on it.
My specs
AMD 5000+ @ 2.6ghz
6gbs ddr2 800
1GB Geforce 250 GTS

At random moments it just crashes and i have no idea why.....
Any help would be appreciated.

When it crashes again,,, if you get a BSOD, at the bottom will be a stop code
Please provide that code.... you might also find it in the event viewer as well.

We need more information to provide any kind of help.

well i am thinking about something... i have a gigabyte board and it has a overheating protection function where it will automatically shut off the computer if its overheating... if it happens again i will provide the code.

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.. :)

It could very well be the motherboard's overheating protection function.. Or it could be that a driver has become corrupt and is forcing the crash.. ;) Or even an app that has become corrupt or contained malware/spyware/adware etc.. Have you ran your Anti-Virus since this started? Or your Malware/Spyware/AdWare app? (assuming you have any of these installed).. ;)

i have run antivirus and found no problem with my drivers, now that i really think about it, my cpu used to restart overheating video cards but i guess windows 7 isnt prepared for such a function....

I kno this is a little late but this is what the solution center gave me...

BCCode: 3d
BCP1: FFFFF88002F21F80
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF880062717CF

Back