Windows 7 Windows 7 keeps crashing

mellor

I dual booted windows 7 on me nc10, worked fine, occasional hiccup but nothing i cant really moan about saying its not been released yet. So i thought id put it on my desktop, which, is much more powerful, just to see what certain areas (where on a netbook it goes slow) are like, but what continuously happens, is it freezes, no warning, for those of you familiar with the band Muse, i played stockholm syndrome, to see how long it would last, and it lasts about 3 minutes, before it freezes
any help please

Same freezing problems here. It's happening to me since 7100 build (now I got 7201 and it's the same). My laptop has no problems, while my desktop freezes randomly and without any warning. I have no idea why. XP and Vista (both x86 and x64) work fine, while Windows 7 editions can't run for couple of hours without freezing. This is still not fixed and it seems no one cares about it. I suspect it is either some drivers (i tried installing my own and leaving windows 7 defaults with no success) or it could be ethernet controller (freezing appears very fast when I try to copy files from my laptop to desktop and vice versa).

In any way I ain't using windows 7 until this issue is fixed, cause I CAN'T! :(

Hello,

We need a little more information than just "My computer is freezing"

Was this a "clean install or an upgrade
Did you receive updates from windows Updates?

Try the following and post back
1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. The manufacturer name and modem number of your PC, if applicable
4 .Download (System Info) 2009.5.12
5 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

The exact make and model of your motherboard would be of great help.

ati radeon xpress 200 has the yellow flag, did a driver a search yet its saying it has the best drivers,
motherboard, its a Dixons ownbrand (shop in the uk for those of you who dont live here)

Unfortunately, no driver updates are available for that card except for XP.

If there was a Vista driver, that would be your best bet, but the XP drivers will not work in Windows 7

Ok reghakr, I updated my comp stats. Could you be able to help me now? :D I sure hope cause no one else figured it out. Refer to last post I wrote.

slavkec,

Sorry for for delayed response.

After installing, did you receive any driver updated s from Windows Update?

Did you go the the manufacturer's site for the latest drivers.

If Windows 7 drivers are not available, try the Vista drivers.

I tried installing my own drivers (that came with hardware), latest official drivers (Vista and Windows 7), Windows 7 update drivers, stock drivers that came with Windows 7 (not installing anything). Tried removing every hardware except graph card, removed RAM, 1 by 1 piece to check if maybe IT was causing the probs, messing up with bios too (updated to latest version, changed settings to see if anything will happen)... am I missing something here? Yes, it's not working still. I also must say, that Windows 7 build 7000 gave me no problems at all. It all started happening with 7100 build and above ones.

Hi,

If the issue still exists check in safe mode. If the issue does not persist in safe mode perform a clean boot troubleshooting to find the conflicting 3rd party software.
Here is how:
Step 1 Safe Mode
1. Restart your computer.
2. When the computer starts you will see your computer's hardware being listed. When you see this information start to gently tap the F8 key on your keyboard repeatedly until you are presented with the Windows 7 Advanced Boot Options screen.
3. Using the arrow keys, select the Safe Mode option you want.
4. Then press the enter key on your keyboard to boot into Windows 7 Safe Mode.
5. When Windows starts you will be at a typical logon screen. Logon to your computer and Windows 7 will enter Safe mode.
6. Do whatever tasks you require, and when you are done, reboot to go back into normal mode.

Step 2. Clean Boot
You are required to perform a clean boot to find the program that is causing this and then disable or remove it.
Here is the procedure to do it:
Clean Boot Troubleshooting:
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
User Account Control permission.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the
password, Or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
5. Click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts, check whether the problem is resolved.

If the issue is resolved check which third party is causing the problem, referring the link given below:
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
8. Also you need to uninstall and reinstall the problem software on your computer.
Reset the computer to start as usual
9. After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:
Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
10. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue. On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
11. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

Get more information to fix Windows 7 Keeps Crashing :

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hope this helps.

Back