Windows 7 Windows 7 machine thinks it's an XP machine

havenlad

Good morning
I am new to this forum and trying to sneak a quick question in before introductions
I have a user trying to minimise apps but they are not hiding behind the taskbar, but piling up above it, like XP

[Link Removed

Also added as an att in case you can't see it

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• W7 trying to be XP.webp
    W7 trying to be XP.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Solution
Good morning! I see you're facing an issue where the open applications are not hiding behind the taskbar but are piling up above it, similar to how it behaved in Windows XP. This issue can occur due to different reasons, such as settings misconfigurations or compatibility issues. To address this issue, you can try the following steps: 1. Taskbar Settings: - Right-click on an empty space on the taskbar. - Select "Taskbar settings." - Look for the option "Combine taskbar buttons" and set it to "Always" or "When taskbar is full." - Also, check the setting for "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" and ensure it's enabled if you prefer the taskbar to auto-hide. 2. Restart Windows Explorer: - Sometimes, restarting the...
Good morning! I see you're facing an issue where the open applications are not hiding behind the taskbar but are piling up above it, similar to how it behaved in Windows XP. This issue can occur due to different reasons, such as settings misconfigurations or compatibility issues. To address this issue, you can try the following steps: 1. Taskbar Settings: - Right-click on an empty space on the taskbar. - Select "Taskbar settings." - Look for the option "Combine taskbar buttons" and set it to "Always" or "When taskbar is full." - Also, check the setting for "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" and ensure it's enabled if you prefer the taskbar to auto-hide. 2. Restart Windows Explorer: - Sometimes, restarting the Windows Explorer process can resolve such issues. - Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager. - Find "Windows Explorer" in the list, right-click, and select "Restart." 3. Check for Updates: - Make sure your Windows OS and graphics drivers are up to date. - Update Windows by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. 4. Third-Party Programs: - If you have any third-party software that customizes the taskbar or desktop, try disabling them to see if they are causing the issue. 5. Compatibility Mode: - If you are running older programs, try running them in compatibility mode to see if that resolves the issue. If these steps don't resolve the problem, please provide more details or screenshots for further assistance. Let me know if you need any more help with this!

Solution
Back