Windows 7 windows 7 networking

andre5000

hello all.. hope someone can help me with this problem,i have a network of about 5 windows 7 professional machines,and one has this problem that it sees all other machines but it, cannot be seen itself...you cannot even ping its address from the other machines...its unreachable and yet it can connect to the internet...i have tried giving it different IP addresses but the same problem persist....someone please come to my rescue...thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Please attach both text files resulting from this;
On the problem machine launch a command prompt and type
ipconfig /all > desktop\IpConfigBad.txt
and hit enter
this will place a text file called IPConfigBad.txt on your desktop. Attach it to your next post.
likewise on one of the machines that seem to be working without issue launch a command prompt and type
ipconfig /all > desktop\IpConfigGood.txt
same deal attach it to your next post
Regards
Randy

hey randy...thanks for your reply,but i dint get this part...
"attach it to your next post"...which post am i suppose to attach it too.thanks once again....
and hit enter
this will place a text file called IPConfigBad.txt on your desktop. Attach it to your next post.
likewise on one of the machines that seem to be working without issue launch a command prompt and type
Regards
Randy

,but i dint get this part... "attach it to your next post"...which post am i suppose to attach it too.
That would have been, the post you just made. However it could be your "next" post.
Click Reply, the click Go Advanced, and then use the Paper Clip icon from the editor's menu bar to browse to and find the file and upload it.

and hit enter
Regards
Randy

thanks Randy but this just displays my ip configuration and ethernet adapter configuration...am i missing something....coz i cant still seem to find why this one pc..cannot be pinged nor appear in the network yet it can see and ping other machines in the network.please help.

hey randy sorry for the communication break down..let me get the two configurations and post their outcomes.thanks!

why this one pc..cannot be pinged nor appear in the network yet it can see and ping other machines in the network.please help.
If that is the case then it is almost certainly some third party software present on the problem machine that is resulting in your problem.
So determine what is different in respect to software on that one machine, third party firewall software like Comodo or ZoneAlarm, third party Security Suites like Norton, McAfee, AVG, etc., even remnants of such software that remains from an incomplete uninstall can result in these types of problems. Uninstall any such program using its' own uninstaller or the programs and features, uninstall applet in the control panel and follow that up with the vendor specific proprietary removal tool, a list of some can be found here Security Software | SingularLabs
Keep us posted

Back