Windows 7 Windows 7 new install

Chris183

Can some one give me a link to the lan or wireless drivers plz reinstalled windows 7 and can't get it to connect to internet. Also can some take me thru the steps of downloading it to a USB hard drive and then on to my computer try multiple ones but can't seem to get it to work. Laptop is a toshiba satellite series c. Thanks

That's not specific enough to determine the drivers.

Just go here and enter the model or serial # Drivers & Software Support | Toshiba

If the drivers have a setup exe with them you can just run those, or go into device manager, right click the device and select 'Update Driver', select the top directory you have all the drivers in and it should detect and install provided the correct driver is there.

Hi,
Generally speaking, if your laptop can't get wired or wireless (Wi-Fi) Internet now, Neem's suggestion will work some of the time, but the problem is one like the Chicken-and-the-Egg. If your laptop's connection to the Internet is not working, attempting to connect to the Toshiba site or elsewhere on the Internet will fail and you'll get continual error messages, since the drivers you need for your laptop's networking chip are located on the Internet which you cannot get to! :eek:

The approach you were using, getting the network drivers onto a flash drive and then applying them will work, but only if you do that on a different computer or laptop. Here's why: there are many viruses which attack both the wired and wireless networking files needed by Windows in the system files part of your hard drive. :headache: Virus authors have been doing this for 15 years and it's well-known and documented on the web. Personally, I would scan for viruses/malware on your Toshiba laptop first using whatever AV program you currently have installed or if you are using WD (Windows Defender) or MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials). Scan/remove all viruses found. Next, The best place to start is to use whatever AV program you now have and scan/remove all viruses found. Next, visit piriform.com and download the free MALWAREBYTES antispyware program. Run it and scan/remove all found spyware viruses found. Once all viruses/spyware have been removed, attempt to reinstall your network driver(s), I suggest you start with the wired network first as it's the easiest to fix. After installing the new driver from the flash drive you made on a 2nd computer, you should have your wired Internet connection back. :up: From there, you can repeat the process of downloading the wireless driver on the 2nd computer to that same flash drive, and get your wireless connection to the Internet working too! :teeth:

In most cases, this will fix things. Where most people get stuck is once they get the wired Internet working (the one using the Ethernet cable), and if the WLAN chip/card failed inside the laptop, the driver will never fix it. This is a $100-$150 repair in most laptops, as it's a $15 part, but 1-2 days of labor to get to the WLAN card and replace it as the entire laptop has to be disassembled to get to the WLAN card and replace it. Like replacing a transmission in your car. :headache: An easy way to test this is to buy a low-cost Wi-Fi usb adapter which you can plug into a USB port on your laptop. You can install the drivers from CD or from the manufacturer's website for free. I use either Netgear or Cisco/Linksys, such as here: Amazon.com: NETGEAR N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter: Computers & Accessories
They are available for $50 US or so. It's also a good idea to use a name brand for this adapter, as many of the cheap ones have poorly coded drivers and they will not help solve your problem, but will only make it worse! :ohno:

At this point, if your new usb Wi-Fi plug-in adapter brings your wireless Internet back, your internal WLAN card/chip has failed!:waah: If you don't want to tear apart your laptop and try to replace your self, or cannot afford the big bill to pay a licensed Computer Tech to do for you, at this point you can just disable your built-in Wi-Fi in your laptop's BIOS, and continue to use the usb Wi-Fi adapter forever.:teeth: Just remember that if you take your laptop away from your home, to remember to take it with you or throw it in a zippered pocket in your laptop case--otherwise no Wi-Fi connectivity on that laptop once you leave home of course. :skull::lightbulb:

Let us know how you get on,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back