Windows 7 Windows 7 = no gaming

phillipTml

every single game i install will not run with windows 7, i've installed call of duty 2 and combat arms which both install perfectly fine, but as soon as i click the icon to play the game i get a black screen with nothing on it and no way to get rid of it but restart my computer. This is extremelyyyyyyyyy fusturating when you're bored on a sunday night and have nothing else to do. I have searced google, youtube and this forum for solutions but no one else seems to have the same problem as me. Ive tried changing the compatability modes but nothing works!!! As soon as i click to play the game i just get a black screen and thats it, i cant do anything else. Please someone leave a suggestion, do you think it could be something i need to adjust with my graphics or resoulution?

Make sure you have the most current drivers from either ati or nvidia's website. Make sure you completely uninstall the current drivers and use something like driver sweeper to make sure all of the old drivers are gone. COD 2 runs perfectly fine on windows 7.

How bout some info on your system specs? You came from XP or Vista where everything worked fine?

i already tried to change the compatability mode but i dont know anything about computers so i wouldnt know what to say for my computer specs except that according to systemrequirementslab.com it can run crysis at medium settings and as for uninstalling my drivers and installing the latest ones how exactly would i go about doing this if you dont mind helping out a computer noob :redface:

i already tried to change the compatability mode but i dont know anything about computers so i wouldnt know what to say for my computer specs except that according to systemrequirementslab.com it can run crysis at medium settings and as for uninstalling my drivers and installing the latest ones how exactly would i go about doing this if you dont mind helping out a computer noob :redface:
Go here SIW | Download download the SIW standalone English Version and run it, collapse for now the software portion and go down through the hardware and add the information to your site profile, don't post it inside a thread, just click the settings link at the top of this page and in the resultant page on the left click edit profile, scroll down and start with system information. Hope this helps.

Try sending an email to the game developer/support team on the game's website and let them help you deal with the situation. Perhaps you might end up being able to help others who are experiencing the same problem with the exact game you are trying to play as well; that is if the game developers learned that the game does not work with Windows 7 and are willing to create an update/patch for the game so that it will work.

As for me, the only game I play is WoW, and it seems to work fine. I didn't even need to do a fresh installation of the client. I just copy-pasted the whole game folder from my Windows XP Professional SP3 desktop into the "Program Files (x86)" folder on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit laptop, and it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom