Windows 7 Windows 7 not picked up in boot menu

taz13

hey
So i wanted to install a clean copy of windows 7 so i changed my boot priority and tried to load from my dvd drive but the "Press any key to boot from cd" line does not come it just skips it. My vista cd works fine but windows 7 doesn't.
Anyway to solve this?

(i cant do clean copy while in vista)

hey
So i wanted to install a clean copy of windows 7 so i changed my boot priority and tried to load from my dvd drive but the "Press any key to boot from cd" line does not come it just skips it. My vista cd works fine but windows 7 doesn't.
Anyway to solve this?

(i cant do clean copy while in vista)

Disable all other boot options. You may have to unplug the power to your hard drive to verify your disk will boot in the dvd.

Just tried that, All it asks me to do is select a device to boot from or insert cd to boot from and press any key, My cd is in and when i press it "enter" the message just repeats

Just tried that, All it asks me to do is select a device to boot from or insert cd to boot from and press any key, My cd is in and when i press it "enter" the message just repeats

Will it read ANY cd? If you burned this one from an ISO yourself you may need to burn it again at 4x or slower.

yes it reads my vista cd fine, ive tried to burn it twice, same issue, The cd works fine when im in windows

yes it reads my vista cd fine, ive tried to burn it twice, same issue, The cd works fine when im in windows

I get this on some older cd/dvd roms when installing if I use +media or Rewritables , I suggest you try burn to another dvd type ;)

Back
Top Bottom