Windows 7 windows 7 pc re starts issue help

jfre

had windows 7 rc on system for a few months with no problems ,until about a week ago .
now it appears to be re startin pc when left ,but no pattern to it pc can be left idle for a day or an hour and when monitor turned on system asks for password and some times its still on desktop screen
i have checked the power settings and they are ok ,all set to never turn off
any one have any ideas ?

Do you mean your pc is actually turning off or just the monitor?
Have you tried changing the password setting you can see in my screenshot? Also try making your own power plan and seeing if that helps. I find that these tend to last until something is changed like a new graphics driver is installed. Then it seems the power plan reverts back to some default setting or other.. I must admit it drives me nuts at times....:D

the pc restarts its self ,it appears to do it only when monitor is off but only sometimes .if i leave the monitor on the pc seems to stay on .

Hmm...weird!
Have you checked for virus's/spyware/malware?

yeah ,checked for virus and mailware ,and not found any ,try to find out why /when it is occuring but can't narrow down when the system feels the need to re start:mad:
pc restarted when encoding a dvd, found out last night but might have been a one off as it did a 2nd dvd ok
,but it still does it sometimes when system idle and monitor off

Last edited:
Sometimes the event viewer can help you out in these situations...

Back