Windows 7 Windows 7 performance hit on newly built pc

Installing programs IS THE ISSUE that I am having. The only way to test it is to "install a program". Like I said before, aside from installing programs, the pc runs FLAWLESSLY.

UPDATE though:

I grabbed an 80gig Sata 3.0 from work, popped it in the drive, reinstalled the os, everything is now smooth sailing. I installed my antivirus and it did not take 30 minutes to do so this time, it was very fast. Same for my nvidia drivers. Instead of 20-30 minutes for that, it went flawlessly like it should. I took a look at my old drive and noticed it was only a standard sata, not sata 3.0 as i thought it was. So now, I propose a new question to get input on why the hell this happened: Why does a standard sata drive, which ran PERFECTLY FINE on my old system, none of these issues arising, perform like crap installing programs on my new system? (note: it wasn't sitting around for months waiting to be used, it was being used in my old pc, and that night I built the new one, popped in the drive, and installed win 7)

Back