Windows 7 Windows 7 Pro 64bit download to DVD

Firepac

Just download Windows 7 Pro 64bit edition. I extracted the contents of the download to a DVD but can't get it to bootup. It runs from windows just fine but won't bootup from disc. Unfortunately the file I download was a .exe extractor and not an iso. How can I make the disc bootable?

Last edited:
Easier to just go to my last blog and download the iso directly from Microsoft than to explain.

You can make what you have boot if you want to put forth the effort. The process has been posted here many many times.

The download link from Microsoft is long gone.

If you downloaded a torrent, you can easily get a virus.

Options are to purchase Windows 7.

You could try insalling from a USB drive,

I am guessing this is a digital river download?
Microsoft must be cursing the day they gave them permission to supply these "legit" downloads. They are giving troubles, particularly with upgrades, for which there does not seem to be a satisfactory expalation, so far.

Anyway, if you are in the Digital River category, perhaps this page will help you.
Link Removed - Not Found

I have little knowledge of what is involved with this particular (.exe) download. Mayb this will help. I contacted the local Microsoft Office and they gave me this info in my Email:

There is additional information regarding the Windows 7 64-bit download process. For those customers of the Student Offer who wish to install the 64-bit version of Windows 7, but are currently running a 32-bit Operating System, there is now an optional downloadable ISO file of Windows 7 64-bit to allow for install. The Student Offer now includes an optional downloadable ISO file of Windows 7 64-bit.
- If you have already purchased the 64-bit version of Windows 7 from the Windows 7 Student Offer Online Store, please contact Digital River at the following link: Link Removed - Invalid URL
In the Web form select the Download Option in the drop down menu and include "64-bit Windows 7 Solution" in the first line of your problem description.

Digital Rivers sends the same microsoft download link as posted in my blog if you order the full version from them. You still have to purchase a keycode in order to activate it. They can't change the download link without notifying everyone of the new link because they don't know who has ordered and downloaded. Even if they changed the link people would post the location they changed it to. I checked the english links a few mins ago and they are working.

Back
Top Bottom