Windows 7 Windows 7, program error, new computer

gulu7045

Hi,

I just (two days ago) purchased a new HP touschsmart (pa tm2 1090eo). Everything seemed to be working out fine but then I encountered one specific, but very annoying problem. Since the computer has a touch screen, a program namned Corel Paint it! touch is included with the purchase.

When I started the program for the first time, it seemed to be working just fine. However, when I tried to use the program a little later on, something must have gone wrong. The program starts but just barely. It shuts down before I can do anything, and I recieve an error-message. This error-message is just a general one stating something is wrong and if a solution is found I will be notified. This has not yet happened (surprise).

At one point I recieved an error-message stating "the memory could not be read" followed by some references I unfortunatley did not take down. I've only seen this message once, before and since then I have only had the general error-message.

I can live with this, but it is rather irritating to experience these problems on a brand new computer. Therefore, I hope you might have some advice for me. I have tried to uninstall and then install the program again but the same problem remains...

Thanks

Try looking at the Corel site for your product here:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

In particular click on the "support" tab which lists patches and updates. There are other things on the page worth looking at as well - like the knowledge base etc.

Try looking at the Corel site for your product here:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

In particular click on the "support" tab which lists patches and updates. There are other things on the page worth looking at as well - like the knowledge base etc.

Thanks for your reply. I have been trying to browse the Corel website, but I can't seem to find much useful there (however, as you might have understood by now, I'm not that good with computers). I will try and see if I can find some more information on the Corel website though.

/ G

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

I'm running Norton Antivirus.

/ Gustav

I hate to say it in case I'm wrong, but there may be the culprit. I'd hate for you to waste time with uninstalling etc...so I have to say there are no guarantees.

I can say though, that if it was my machine the Norton would be gone quicker than can be. If you choose to uninstall as a test, use the special tool found here in safe mode:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

I hate to say it in case I'm wrong, but there may be the culprit. I'd hate for you to waste time with uninstalling etc...so I have to say there are no guarantees.

I can say though, that if it was my machine the Norton would be gone quicker than can be. If you choose to uninstall as a test, use the special tool found here in safe mode:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Ok, thanks. I understand there are no guarantees but I think I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks for the help, I'll let you know what the outcome is :)

Back