Windows 7 windows 7 quick launch and taskbar

lemarqq,

Hello and welcome,

Those are the correct steps.

let me try walking you through them

First, go to Start > Control panel > Folder Options. and click the View tab. scroll down and check Show hidden files, folders, and drives and click OK

Right-click on the taskbar, choose Toolbars > New Toolbar
In Windows Explorer, locate the C: drive letter, double-click on Users, double-click on your user name, double-click on AppData, double-click on roaming, double-click on Microsoft, double-=click on Internet explorer, select Quick launch and press the Select Folder button

Completed......Enjoy:)

Using toolbars is the only way to add the "quick launch" like feature back into Windows 7, and it works exactly like it did with XP and previous versions. The easiest thing to do is to create a folder and place all the shortcuts you want on the "quick launch" bar and create a new tool bar on the taskbar that points to that folder. I have 2 folders that I use for quick launch, one for my apps, and one for system shortcuts, like Control Panel, My Computer, Network, User directory, etc... Easy and works great, I don't even use the Pinning applications options.

taskbar.jpg

The taskbar already works like the old quicklaunch menu did by default anyway as far as opening programs goes... ;)

If you do use gadgets, the best one for quick launch is AppLauncher.
I have only found a couple apps that don't like it, but the largest majority do.

Now,in the same picture / opened apps you've done,try to open one more Mozilla F ,and let's see how is looks like.
That's my point,actually. I wanna have them ( 2 Mozilla / or 2 whatever they are,same programs ) same like in my attachment.

taskbar.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Now,in the same picture / opened apps you've done,try to open one more Mozilla F ,and let's see how is looks like.
That's my point,actually. I wanna have them ( 2 Mozilla / or 2 whatever they are,same programs ) same like in my attachment.

taskbar.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you are asking. I chose to combine windows. Nothing is "pinned" to my taskbar. If I choose never to combine, then it looks like your pic.

taskbarwin7.jpg

Hey, I wonder if someone can help me. I have an iTunes shortcut on my taskbar. Yesterday I updated my iTunes. This morning, I turned my computer on, and tried to open iTunes using the icon on the Quick Launch, but it said "this action is only valid for products that are currently installed". I was able to open iTunes eventually from the shortcut on my desktop.

However, I'm now stuck with a shortcut on my taskbar that won't work, and I can't delete it. Nothing happens when I right-click the shortuct (which has now lost the iTunes icon and has been replaced by the icon Windows uses when it can't recognise a file type).

Is there a seperate location where I can go and delete this shortcut? There must be a folder which contains all the shortcuts on my taskbar which I can navigate to via Windows Explorer. Thanks!

GillsMan,

NOTE: this actually pertains to the notification area icons, but may work in your case as well. It will do no harm.

There is a member named Tepid who has the only solution that seems to work.

davehc also had a similar manual hack that worked as well, but I can't seem to locate it.

Download the attached zip file, extract and run it.

As for the others asking questions, I'm not even sure what you're trying to accomplish.

Back
Top Bottom