Windows 7 windows 7 quick launch and taskbar

if you are talking about this:
taskbar.jpg

firefox is just pinned but its not running

can you post a screenshot?
btw did you try unlocking the taskbar?

I'm confused here. It looks like GillsMan asked a question un-related to the topic at hand which has nothing to do with my screen shot quoted here. GillsMan is asking about a broken iTunes shortcut pinned to his taskbar (broken because he updated iTunes). And by the way, in the above screen shot, firefox is not pinned. It is active and running. There is nothing pinned to my taskbar.

Mike 2k9,

that's been a problem here at the forums.

3 or 4 people start jumping in with their own problems and things get confusing, especially for an old man like me.:rolleyes:

Gillsman's problem was related to the taskbar however and that's the reason I answered his question

As I previously stated, I'm not even sure what you're trying to accomplish.

I don't mean to be rude,but rather than posting screenshot over and over again, please describe (in full detail) what you are attempting to accomplish

I'm not taking you as being rude at all.

My posts regarding this thread make sense to me since I know who I am replying to, but it gets lost in between the other posts. Guess I should start using the username of the person I'm replying to.

My original screen shot was for the OP lemarqq, to show him the way I used toolbar folders on the taskbar (as a substitution for quick launch). He then thought that my firefox icon was pinned to the taskbar, and I re-posted the screen shot to say it was not pinned.

But I think my pic got quoted by someone else, for something else entirely, for someone elses problem. *confusion begin*

Think I'll just drop out of this thread. It's not about a bug in Windows7, and I think we all tried to help the OP at some point come to a compromise about using toolbars.

You're right,

It seems like a pointless thread to follow, I don't think the OP is even back anyway and yes, it certainly isn't a bug

Cheers

Not sure what you are asking. I chose to combine windows. Nothing is "pinned" to my taskbar. If I choose never to combine, then it looks like your pic.

taskbarwin7.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I wanna have it same like you. Can you explain step by step how do i have to do that,please ?
If you have nothing pinned,then why do you need the quick launch at all ?
I have pinned Mozilla ,Yahoo Messenger and Winamp,they are in quick launch. But when i open for example,Mozilla,i wanna have the opened aplication to the left,behind the right line from quick launch. Same like in your picture.

Right-click on the Start Button and choose Properties, click the Taskbar tab and under Taskbar buttons select Combine when taskbar is full.

The Quick Launch bar provide a one-click access to your most used programs.

If you don't like the Quick Launch bar, right-click on the taskbar, choose Toolsbars and uncheck Quick launch.

I hope I have this correct

If not, please let me know.

Right-click on the Start Button and choose Properties, click the Taskbar tab and under Taskbar buttons select Combine when taskbar is full.

The Quick Launch bar provide a one-click access to your most used programs.

If you don't like the Quick Launch bar, right-click on the taskbar, choose Toolsbars and uncheck Quick launch.

I hope I have this correct

If not, please let me know.
Okay,i did as you said.
I attach a print screen below,there are more opened aplications. It's exactly what i wanna have,but i don't have the quick launch in this case,i put the shortcuts in the start menu.
Can i have it exactly like in my picture,and with the quick launch same like in XP ?

Quick-Launch Bar substitute

I have never liked ANY of Microsoft's QLB. Although I did use Office '97's side bar (which Microsoft dropped in later versions of Office).
For years I've been using MACROWORX's Filing Cabinet program. It has bars which pop out from the sides of the screen when you move your mouse close to the coloured-stripes (see photo). You can place up to 16 short-cuts on each bar. The amount of bars you make (or can show on the screen) depends on the resolution of your screen.
I have different bars for Graphics, Video-Editors, Audio editors, Internet, Programs, Games etc...
See attached photos.
:)

lemarqq there are thousands tutorials about the quick launch, just google it

@Eq2000, is that software dockable? i mean does it look like the original side toolbar of windows xp/vista? or is it a gadget?

To anyone interested. I have been using WinStep Xtreme over the past few days and I can honestly say its a great piece of kit. It is allready W7 ready and extremly light on resources. Theres a 30 day trial and also a free version but that doesn`t include the NextStart taskbar. You should really give it a try.

atmospherica.jpg

WinStep: Desktop Themes and Customizing Windows!

My desktop

Back
Top Bottom