Windows 7 Windows 7 RC upgrade issues (IDE driver)

paulyshore

Trying to upgrade to RC x64 (from beta 7077; should be possible). I get this error:

The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.

For these items, make the following changes:
Install updated drivers for the following devices. If you already have updated device drivers, click Load Driver if available and follow the instructions. Or, open Control Panel and search for \"update device drivers\".
IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Windows default drivers are installed and it can't find any updates. My motherboard.

Any tips? I'd be willing to do a clean install, but I don't really want to have to set everything up again. I have a separate partition with all my docs and I have also installed all programs to it, but I know that a clean install will still require reinstallation and stuff. Windows doesn't seem to want to recognize my external hard drive, and it refuses to create a backup on the same physical drive as my OS installation, even though it's a different partition.

Thanks in advance.

If you can't find any update drivers, you might check the Bios. There have been some posts concerning Gigabyte motherboards where updating the bios helped.

You are looking for chipset drivers for the motherboard, right?

Back