Windows Vista Windows 7 RC won't install, help sorely needed

melorock

I downloaded 2 different downloads, and burned on two different DVDs. I get a screen that says "loading files" (first screen) and they both freeze at the EXACT same spot :confused:.

I had vista earlier, then got windows 7 RC so it has worked fine before. I wiped my HDD with killdisk (to get rid of hidden vista files) and had a boot-up windows 7 disk, which worked fine in my test beforehand, but fails now. So I have NO OS, NOTHING. I am on Linux puppy just to have something and post on here,

In my house, my laptop is the only computer with a DVD burner. Formating with a flash drive is difficult because the rest of the computers have XP and I can't disk part them (XP doesn't recognize flash drives in command prompt) Way too advanced for me. So I downloaded windows 7, put it on a flash drive, then put it on my laptop (that has Linux puppy) and burned it onto a DVD again. Same result.

PLEASE any help is much appreciated. I tried everything I can think of that I am able to do.

Am I burning the DVD right, as in ALL the files get there? How do I know?

Something wrong with my computer? I don't think so, otherwise Linux Puppy works, and the DVDs did burn...

I've tried pressing F1 and F10 (really all the F's), during boot-up. Only ctrl+alt+delete (restart) responds it seems. How do I access the BIOS?

My VAIO SR Series
VGN-SR430J/B
Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53G
13.3" WXGA
4GB DDR2
320GB HDD
Dual Layer DVD Burner
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570
512MB computer:

August 20th is coming up fast. I'm going to go ahead and re-download windows 7 on another computer. Please any help is sorely needed. If there's any more info you guys need, please let me know.

Last edited:
Hi Melorock,

I've combined your posts (which you may edit if you wish) as double posting will not get your answer any quicker. Please do not double post.
Thankyou :)

What speed are you burning the disk at? Try burning it at a slower speed as that can help..

Accessing the bios on a pc can be these keys (usually)
F2
delete key

I also have trouble once myself, using cheap DVD's

I finally found a good, brand name DVD and burned the ISO using Link Removed due to 404 Error at 1x speed.

That solved the problem.

I also have trouble once myself, using cheap DVD's

I finally found a good, brand name DVD and burned the ISO using Imgburn at 1x speed.

That solved the problem.
Your so right on that one! Bad DVDs can drive you nuts and it really is worth investing in a good quality make..

Hi
I had problems installing Win 7 RC initially. Tried at least 6 times with different burns to no avail. So in the end I bit the bullet and made a bootable USB Stick with Win 7 RC on it. I did this using Win XP 64 bit but it should work with the 32 bit version. You need to download and run UltraISO from EZB sys. It allows a trial period. Its a while since I done this but I think I had to prepare the USB Stick using HP Drive Key Boot Utility Package which can be got from HP or if I recall Cnet.

Stransky
(Douglas B)

Ok, I'll keep trying and this time I'll use the lowest possible burn speed. I downloaded W7 again, this time the 32 bit (it might help).

I have seen this time and again on here and it makes very little sense but try installing with the smallest amount of RAM you can go down to. It's almost at the point where they should mention this in the installation instructions.Also 7 is quite touchy at times with peripherals connected just mouse and keyboard. Especially with the point your sticking at being first restart, that is prime opportunity for a bad stick or 2nd monitor to cause a problem.

Back
Top Bottom