Windows 7 Windows 7 repair disc

spike47

Hi

I have made a Repair disc with my Windows 7 Desktop , but when I tried it , it will not boot from it , I have changed the boot options to CD/DVD dive .

cheers

spike

The repair disc's are just simply that, repair disc's. They are not bootable. Follow your manufacturer's instructions on how to use your repair disc. Usually you just plop them in the cd/dvd drive and with auto run enabled they should just fire up. In order to make a bootable disc you will need an ISO version of your OS and bit type. Just google ISO for your version of windows 7.

Does your new system have a UEFI configuration?

You are using the Create a Repair Disk Options on the Start Menu/Maintenance section?

I will assume the system is ignoring the CD, so if something else is happening or you are getting other messages, please advise.

Does your new system have a UEFI configuration?

You are using the Create a Repair Disk Options on the Start Menu/Maintenance section?

I will assume the system is ignoring the CD, so if something else is happening or you are getting other messages, please advise.

HI Saltgrass

I am using BIOS Configuration and yes I have created the repair disc on the Start/Maintenance option .

My computer is not new , I got it when 7 came out a couple of years back .

spike

Hi bassfisher

It says on the instructions that it will boot ! , if it will not boot when you have a problem with your system how is it going to get you to do a repair !! .

cheers

spike

You might check to make sure the necessary files are on the Repair CD.

How are you selecting the DVD as a Boot Device, in the bios? If so, are you saving the option before exiting?

Can you use a boot device menu to select the CD?

If none of this works, you might explain how your system is burning the CD and what type of CDs you are using. I don't remember if there are options when it burns, but if there are, you might try slowing it down.

Last edited:
You might check to make sure the necessary files are on the Repair CD.

How are you selecting the DVD as a Boot Device, in the bios? If so, are you saving the option before exiting?

Can you use a boot device menu to select the CD?

If none of this works, you might explain how your system is burning the CD and what type of CDs you are using. I don't remember if there are options when it burns, but if there are, you might try slowing it down.

Hi Saltgrass

Yes I have the DVD drive as first boot and yes I can select any drive to boot from ,there is no option to burn , it just says click to burn more or less , it finds the DVD drive but it comes up with the message , " searching for boot record " then it says there is no boot record on the CD/DVD .

The disc has 1 folder named "boot" with 3 files ," bcd "/ " boot.sdi " / " bootfix.bin " . 2nd folder named " sources" with 1 file " boot.wim " . and a file in the root directory named " boot,mg r"
cheers

spike

Last edited:
I will have to go burn one on another system that is not UEFI. But my files are a little different, so before I tell you want they are, I want to make sure.

Edit: Those files look correct. When you boot are you getting the "Hit any key to boot to DVD/CD" message?

Last edited:
I will have to go burn one on another system that is not UEFI. But my files are a little different, so before I tell you want they are, I want to make sure.

Edit: Those files look correct. When you boot are you getting the "Hit to boot to DVD/CD"?

Hi

No I don't get that message , when I boot it goes to a DOS screen then at the bottom it says it is , " searching for a boot record on the CD " , then says there is no boot record or something like that .

cheers

spike

Do you have an install DVD you could try?

And I am assuming when you listed your files earlier, the "boot,mg r" was a typo...

Last edited:
Back