Windows 7 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit installation: hang after 'starting windows' screen. Need help

syazreen7

Really need help from anyone who knows the solution. After i press any key to reboot from DVD, the windows is loading. But when it reach to the screen where we suppose to select language, currency & time format and keyboard layout, the screen become stuck. Mouse cursor doesn't appear and keyboard also not available to use. Help please... The screen stuck at this part, but without cursor....

2-WIN7-CHOOSE-LOCAL2.jpg

Do you have any variations in your video setup, like are you using an HDMI output or multiple screens?

What version of Win 7 are you trying to install?

no, my graphic card output is dvi. so i use dvi to vga converter to connect to my lcd. this is for windows 7 ultimate 64 bit... any idea?

The graphic you posted says "For testing purposes only, Build 7000". Again, what version of Win 7 are you trying to install????

oh that one i one to give an example of where the actual part it get stuck... anyway thanks for your concern to reply my thread... i already found the cause of this...
the problem is because i use ide dvd-rom meanwhile my hdisk is sata...need to configure bios a little..

These situations are hard to trouble shoot. All I might suggest is to disconnect any devices you do not need. The DVI to VGA connector might be related, but hard to say.

Are you doing a clean install, or an upgrade over Vista? And just in case, once you boot to the DVD, you do not need to press any key to boot to it again, just let the install do its thing.

dvi to vga can also be possible problem? are suggesting me to buy the new converter? for this situation, i do the clean installation...

Back