Windows 7 Windows 7 Ultimate, Possible graphics card error with BSOD?

To update through ROM -

Option 1: (untested, should work though)
Download the correct BIOS update - save it to the C:\ Directory.
Reboot and enter BIOS (To enter BIOS repeatedly press "DEL"/"DELETE" BEFORE the Windows Logo shows).
Navigate to the C:\ Directory, and find the ROM file.
Update your BIOS.

Option 2:
EZ Flash 2 – the best, the safest and the most convenient way to update BIOS.

Updating BIOS is serious business!

EZ Flash 2 is a built-in function of BIOS. It is the safest way to update BIOS, because one is not dependent on the operating system, any application, internet connection, firewall settings, antivirus or anything else that can put the vital BIOS update at risk.

The PC should not be overclocked during the BIOS update! Always load and save BIOS defaults before and after a BIOS update (press <F5>). By loading and saving BIOS defaults before the update, CPU frequency, memory frequency and voltages are set to default (Auto).
Memory timings are set to SPD values which ensure that a PC with high performance memory that need a higher voltage than 1.8V for DDR2 or 1.5V for DDR3 is able to boot on the standard Memory Voltage. Save the default settings (press <F10>) before starting the update.

Preparation:
Document all your preferred BIOS settings (i.e. the settings you have changed from the default setting).
Download the BIOS file, which normally is compressed (zipped).
Extract (unzip) the BIOS file to a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB Flash Disk with only one partition (or to a Floppy Disk or a CD-ROM). If the unzipped BIOS file is named like e.g. 'P5B-ASUS-Deluxe-1101.ROM', you can rename it to 'P5BD1101.ROM'. Otherwise a truncated name will appear as 'P5B-AS~1.ROM' due to a limitation to max 8 characters in the filename (8.3).
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt" class=MsoNormal>Update:
Reboot.
Press (tap) <DEL> during POST (Power-On Self Test) to enter BIOS Setup.
Load BIOS Defaults (press <F5>).
Insert the USB Flash Disk containing the BIOS file P5BDxxxx.ROM. (Note that the USB Flash Disk has to be inserted before boot to enter BIOS, otherwise it won't be detected).
Save and Exit <F10>. (BIOS will now restart).
During BIOS restart, press <DEL> to enter BIOS Setup again.
Under Tools menu, select ASUS EZ Flash 2. It may take 20 seconds for the drives to show up. Select a drive in the left pane <Tab>. Use <Up> and <Down> arrows and <Enter> to select a drive. If you don't see the BIOS file in the right pane, check the other drives. Note that the drive letters may not be the same here as in Windows.
Select the BIOS file (e.g. P5BD1101.ROM) and press <Enter> to start flashing. Supervise the update, which includes the following stages: Erasing - Flashing (writing) - Verification. BIOS will automatically restart when the update is ready.
Disconnect the USB Flash Disk before/during the restart.
Perform a C.P.R. (CPU Parameter Recall) which resets the chipset. Power down, remove power cord from the PSU for 2 minutes and then power up.
Enter BIOS and load BIOS Defaults <F5> again.
Reenter your preferred BIOS settings - if you are using AHCI or RAID mode, don't forget to set the SATA mode to [AHCI / RAID]. Also remember the settings for other controllers, Audio and Memory Voltage. Check also that the Boot Device Priority is correct.
Save and Exit <F10> (automatic restart).
Press <DEL> to enter BIOS Setup and make a final check that all BIOS settings are ok. Save any changes

And if I remember correctly, X58 should have a BIOS Flashback Option (Or BIOS Save option) to save all the details BEFORE updating.

These forums aren't setup to provide individual support - regardless if it's paid or not.
I'd suggest taking the system to repair shop, or contacting an online repair service if you'd like it fixed that way.

I want the 2009 version of the ATK0100 ACPI UTILITY. I cannot install it onto my computer when I download it from the ASUS site, I have updated my BIOS, chipset, audio, and graphics drivers. That must be the last thing I need to update? Unless you guys know anymore programs that are known to cause BSOD?

I uninstalled the atk0100 acpi utility, downloaded and installed the updated drivers, I did a clean install of my graphics drivers, updated my bios the the latest version, updated my chipset and audio. Should I give this comp a reformat?

I have attached an extracted copy of the installer for the ASACPI.sys driver. Please download it. Then, as with any unknown download, scan this with an anti-virus before opening it.
Extract it to a folder on your Desktop (right click..."Extract all")
Right click on AsAcpiIns.exe and select "Run as administrator"

If it gives you an error, please post the exact text of the error and the time that it occurred (we'll be looking for it in the event viewer logs). Then run the data collection application again and update it (so we can look in the event viewer logs).

If it's successful there won't be any messages. Just go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and see if it's updated there.

If it BSOD's again - upload the memory dumps and we'll see where to go from there.

Attachments

• SaberToothX58.zip
    67.3 KB · Views: 226
So I checked my windows drivers folder and it is there, will give it a shot in a bit here. Will let you know what happens soon.

The dump points to NVIDIA's video drivers. Have you updated your GPU to the latest driver?

If you have, try contacting the manufacturer of the card and see if you can get a replacement.

How do you update your gpu for your video card?

And for more information a fan was running while on idle really quick last night for a minute before it blue screened.

Someone told me to update my graphics drivers to the latest version, I did that. So what is the gpu then? Because my graphics drivers are the latest ones right now. And Ill download those utilities when I get home soon.

My video cards fan stops when loading windows, the computer will stay on but the screen is black, it's strange. I jiggled the video card around a bit to see if there was anything loose and the screen turned back on. I'm thinking I should switch my graphics out and test it with my cousins, even when I tried to reformat It kept going black

Back