Windows 7 Windows 7 won't start up, Startup Repair faliure on every boot up. [PANICKING!!!!]

TeeHeeMuffin

Hi Windows 7 users.

I have an urgent problem with my custom built desktop. My custom built has been acting up like mad only a month after creation. It worked perfectly at first, but then I suddenly found that half of my services were disabled randomly.

As well, my computer kept connecting with limited access to my household wireless connection, quite simply meaning I couldn't connect to the internet.

Eventually, after throwing all the solutions I could find on the net at it (sfc/scannow, system restore, enabling the systems manually through and elevated control panel and even upgrade installs (with the original OEM system builders disc), I gave up and did a complete reinstall, wiping everything on my hard drive and starting again.

Unlike the upgrade install I attempted, this actually worked and my computer worked perfectly...until I updated windows. After downloading the 53 updates windows update thought I needed, when I booted up my computer the next time, the internet stopped working again, with half of my services stopped (including Diagnostics Repair).

Now every time I boot up my computer, I come to a Startup Repair screen that fails every time.

Here is the message I get:

Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21200686
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 3
Problem Signature 07: NoRootCause
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

I can't even enter the OS any more. Do you think this is a hardware problem or a software problem? Help would be awesome. Thank you and greetings from the middle of Cambodia

TeeHeeMuffin

Oh yeah. By the way, I am using an OEM System Builders pack of Windows 7 Home Premium. As well, the sfc/scannow results came back with corrupted files but my pc couldn't repair them automatically.

The easiest solution for the future would be to backup your computer BEFORE you do a Windows update. Windows should do this for you automatically though... Check if you have a system restore point before you had the problem.

Also, it's usually the "Optional Updates" that cause problems sometimes. (Like optional network card update that can cause Internet problems). I almost never do optional updates.

Check if your system restore is an option and get back to us.

The event log error may be related to incompatible device driver or hardware defect. Regarding your issue, I suspect the main issue is related to the video driver, thus I recommend you to check "Base video" in System Configuraion to load the default video card driver to see if the issue occurs. To open the System Configuration, you can press Win + R to launch a Run box and type: msconfig, click Boot. If the issue persists, it may be related to hardware problem, I softly recommend you to contact manufacturer for help as well if you can't find a solution on your own."

Have you performed a disk check?
In CMD, run chkdsk /f

If it also finds corrupted files, it's entirely possible your hard drive has a bad sector.
If it's able to fix the problems, it might have just been a problem with the file system.
:)

It sounds like either a HDD formatting problem, or maybe it's just a bad hard drive.

Thank you everyone. Your help has been awesome. I think I've found the problem so I'm just going to give a quick run through of what I think it is.

I think the problem is that my boot SSD is corrupting important windows files which prevent boot up and disable essential services. (So if you guys are in the market for SSDs, DON'T BUY FROM ADATA....unless demanding refunds is your idea of a good time :) ) Kudos to Mitchell_A and yoshirocks for coming up with the idea of a kaput drive. If there was a way to give you a bajillion points, you'd already have 6 bajillion.

Unfortunately I don't have a repair image and there are no system restores left in my system because my genius SSD corrupted them all. Besides, even if I did this, I still won't be tackling the root cause of the problem and my computer will probably go kaput again.

So here's my solution to all random visitors of this thread with the same problem:

Step 1: Buy Mac OSX

(Don't worry I'm kidding.)

What I'm going to do is download the Ubuntu ISO from here:
Download | Ubuntu
and burn it onto a disc on a different computer (As mine can't even boot up). The reason I am downloading Ubuntu is not because of a change of fate, but more because Ubuntu can be downloaded for free and can be run straight from a disc without loading any files onto the hard drive.

Then, I am going to load the disc into my computer, restart it and press F8 at the boot screen. I am not sure about what safe mode is, but my computer is strange. Instead of booting in safe mode like most normal computers, mine goes to some menu which selects where I want to boot from (maybe this is safe mode. I really have no clue). I will select my DVD drive which will boot the Ubuntu OS and I will have a perfectly working Linux computer without installing anything.

Then what I will do is back up all my important data to an external hard drive from the Linux running in my DVD drive, format my SSD, shut down, yank out my sata cables for the SSD and demand a refund :redface:....Ah sweet joy!

I'll then reinstall windows on my secondary hard drive or beg my Pops to get the OCZ Revo Drive and install it there.

If you guys still have better solutions than temporary Linux, or think that it isn't my SSD, please comment before I do something wrong.

Thank you all again. I hope I've helped some random people with the same problem.
-TeeHeeMuffin out

and again...Greetings from Cambodia :tongue:

You can also use BitDefender Rescue CD

Link Removed due to 404 Error
It has options to save data off old drive to usb and such and you have a built in virus checker

You won't be sorry with Ubuntu! I have been using it for 8 years now!
I am also using WinXP, but just for some Games/Sims.

Oops, I almost forgot...
You need to load/install Windows FIRST, because it will take the Entire Drive.
You can then Shrink/Repartition your drive and then load Ubuntu. When you Install Ubuntu, GRUB will allow you to keep your Windows so you can use either Windows or Ubuntu when you boot your PC.

Last edited:
Hi

Sounds like a good solution to me.
I have a Ubuntu disk just for a situation like this.

You should go into your bios and set your computer to boot first to the CD/DVD drive this is the normal configuration on most computers, then you won't have to go through the punching the f8 key thing.

It will just boot into Ubuntu if the disk is in the drive.

Mike

i might have some info on this, now we tryed to use the format on my sons pc, and it works until reboot and same blue screen happens, so i tryed it in mine, i simply formated it instaled win and it worked fine, until we inserted it in to hes pc, now he runs ssd infinity 2.2 T and it seems the problem is a hardware vs windows 7 with SSD boot devise, and it simply act like there is a hardware snap, but i dont belive its the case, allso noteble, it happens at the same point in win start up, but its not the same exackt spot, sometimes its like instant the after format its like 2-3 sek in to win boot, im at the idea that it have to do with the damn SSD and some drives in this case western Digital but seagate have problems to, if any can nod reconising to this plz let me know
sry for the eng im danish so aint the best

Back
Top Bottom