Windows 7 Windows 7 x64 issue accessing protected website

goldberg96

Hi all. I have just joined this forum and this is my first post. I look forward to being a part of this support community.

I maintain a website in which one folder on that website is protected by a password. In Windows XP and Windows Vista, the first time you try to access something in that protected folder on the website, you are challenged to enter a userid and password. This is the response I expect. Once you enter the correct userid and password, you are not prompted again as you click links to other things in that protected folder.

I recently installed a Windows 7 x64 system. When I get the original challenge, I enter the userid and password and get into the protected folder. However, once inside that folder, every time I click a link to another file within that protected folder, I get prompted again for the network security userid and password.

I have looked everywhere to try to figure out why this happens. As I said, it does not happen with Windows XP or Windows Vista. It is very annoying and it is NOT the way its supposed to work. I have already spoken with the website ISP support folks and they do not know why its happening either. But they are not running Windows 7 at their support site.

Any help trying to figure out why this happens would be greatly appreciated. I am getting ready to put up a second website and I want to protect a folder on that new site. The site will be referenced by quite a few people and I don't want people running Windows 7 to be bothered with continuous password prompts while navigating within the protected folder.

Thanks all ............ Rob

Back
Top Bottom