Windows 8 Windows 8.1 annoying error loop

Hi i have recently had my pc turn off suddenly then it goes into a screen where windows is loading but then it says preparing automatic update, after that it says diagnosing your PC then it goes into a menu, i am open to restoring my PC if it will fix the problem but done know how to as i have no windows recovery media or installation disk and also do not own a disk drive

any help would be appreciated as i have a whole week of school holidays left and cant use my pc like this though i have turned it on in safe mode it still does not let me do anything and it says i don't meet the minimum requirements to run movie maker

my pc specs
- GTX 780
- I7 4790K
- Z97 G45
- Samsung 250gb SSD
- Corsair H100i

i have spent $2000 on this PC

this is a very good PC so i am sure that my PC specs well untruly cover the minimum requirements for movie maker which i used to use often

this is a video i made on YouTube that shows the problem a bit clearer than having to read this text
-

Thanks
Daniel

i am open to restoring my PC if it will fix the problem but done know how
You might have seen two potential options when you were clicking through the Troubleshooting Options
1. Refresh
2. Reset
Although while you were attempting a "System Restore" I noticed that you did not select the option to "Show other / additional / older (whatever), restore points.
Perhaps choosing one from a week or even a month ago might help.

Yes it does, would that be the reason why?

Yes it could be...

- Samsung 250gb SSD

Does this drive have 3rd party drivers? ... not that this helps fix it, I assume you don't have any back up images to fall back on so a re-install starts to be your safe bet.

Have you got another system that can download a copy of Windows to boot from or is whom-so-ever set this up for you still around?

If you get get into safe mode then your problem is probably from a recent driver update. Boot into safe mode and open a command prompt. CD to the desktop for the easiest time locating the file you will be creating.
  • At the command prompt type pnputil -e >> Drivers.txt
  • Now open the file and look at the driver dates.
  • Hopefully you should fine one that is very recent and hopefully you will see multiple driver versions
  • Make note of the oem###.inf of the driver you wish to remove
  • Type pnputil -d oem###.inf
  • Now reboot and Windows should use the newest driver it has
Hopefully the computer will now boot normally.

Yes it could be...

Does this drive have 3rd party drivers? ... not that this helps fix it, I assume you don't have any back up images to fall back on so a re-install starts to be your safe bet.

Have you got another system that can download a copy of Windows to boot from or is whom-so-ever set this up for you still around?
i have another system but i cant just download windows again can i, would i have to purchase it again?

would this help at all

Attachments

• webcam-toy-photo1.jpg
    webcam-toy-photo1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 317
i typed that into the command prompt and it said pnputil is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
pnputil is in C:\Windows\System32, you may need to include the full path. C:\Windows\System32\pnputil.exe

i have another system but i cant just download windows again can i, would i have to purchase it again?

You can download 8 or 8.1 free from Microsoft here... the key issue depends on what system you have (you didn't tell us) so if it is the same software i.e home or pro as you already have then no you don't need a NEW key but the same key as you have now.

You can then use a free tool like Rufus (get it from here) to make a bootable usb from the iso file... that then gives you the option to make a boot repair or fresh re-install of Windows which is two more options than you have now... it's your system so the choice is yours mate but reguardless of what else you decide to try, imo having a backup iso of Windows couldn't hurt for a system you have already invested $2000 on?

You can download 8 or 8.1 free from Microsoft here... the key issue depends on what system you have (you didn't tell us) so if it is the same software i.e home or pro as you already have then no you don't need a NEW key but the same key as you have now.

You can then use a free tool like Rufus (get it from here) to make a bootable usb from the iso file... that then gives you the option to make a boot repair or fresh re-install of Windows which is two more options than you have now... it's your system so the choice is yours mate but reguardless of what else you decide to try, imo having a backup iso of Windows couldn't hurt for a system you have already invested $2000 on?
i have booted into safe mode and have found my windows product key for windows 8.1 pro with produkey, what do i do now?

i think you already told me in your previous message but just want to make sure before i go doing anything major

thanks for all the help btw

Cool, thanks for letting us know.

p.s. perhaps this is a good time to look into backup software before something else happens again?

Back