Windows 8 Windows 8.1 having trouble with downloading

Devon Z

I noticed this a few weeks ago. When I start Photoshop, the computer loads for a few moments but the program itself would not load. I decided to uninstall then reinstall Photoshop. When I tried to install it again, everything seemed to work fine until the computer asks me if I would like to let Photoshop make changes to this computer.
The message box disappears for a few moments but none of things from my desktop appear. Then, in a few moments, it returns to my desktop but Photoshop did not install.

I have tried downloading other programs, including Pixlr Editor, GIMP, and a variety of other programs. The downloading seems to work until the message box asking me if I would like to let said program make changes and nothing seemed to have downloaded in the end.

Besides this, the download speed of my computer has also decreased and my computer freezes when it finishes the download.

Any help would be appreciated!!

1. ok open defender, settings then turn off real time protection for a test,
defender.png

2. open the action center and tell the user account control to but out... you can turn it back on after testing if you like being asked if your sure all the time.
Screenshot (8).png

At this point your computer should be leaving your photoshop install alone, so test it and if you still have a problem we will have another look... tell us what copy of photoshop i.e. the new cc or an older 4 version...
Good luck with it mate.

I have tried doing this, but the notifications will still come on. I did the user account control settings, switched it to "never notify".
A notification comes on and it asks me if I would like to make the change to the program. I exited out of that and clicked on "Change User Account Control settings" again, but when the window pops up a minute later, the setting is on "always notify."

My copy of photoshop is Photoshop Elements 8.0
I got the copy in a software bundle with two other programs:
Autodesk Sketchbook Express and Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 WE3.

The bundle came with my purchase of a Wacom Bamboo drawing tablet.

My copy of photoshop is Photoshop Elements 8.0

This was made for xp and is not supported in 8.1... the old installer will look for ie6 (internet explorer version 6) at the time of install and that could well be why your system won't allow it.

Autodesk Sketchbook Express and Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 WE3.

All Autodesk software use a torrent type downloader that 8.1 doesn't like... you can disable it after installing or get around it by downloading the files on an older 7 system before putting it on your 8 machine.

Have you considered using Hyper-v (free with the pro version of 8.1) or Vmware player (free) to install an older operating system like xp or 7 onto your 8.1 machine to run these older programs?

switched it to "never notify".
A notification comes on and it asks me if I would like to make the change to the program. I exited out of that and clicked on "Change User Account Control settings" again, but when the window pops up a minute later, the setting is on "always notify."

So when you changed the setting it asked you to confirm the change and you hit cancel? ... if so this is why the "always notify." remained on.

Back
Top Bottom