Windows 8 Windows 8.1 keep creating new Network Stacks...?

Xanda Caine

Hiya all,

I've got a really odd situation here with Windows 8.1 (Update One) Pro which is really annoying me and I have tried Registry hacks and just about everything I know to resolve this matter but... The little SOB keeps coming back with Network2 and I can't understand why it keeps coming back when I have deleted it... The only way I could resolve this matter was to rename the Default Network to Broadband and delete Network1/2/3 and then restarted my PC and it's now just showing as Network.

Although, I don't understand why it's done this in the first place. I have replaced my Cable Router because my current one have been behaving rather oddly lately so I though it was time for a change. which I am setting up today. The only answer that I can work out what was causing the this to happen. The only answer that I have was it was a faulty Cable Router because it started rebooting itself for no reason and maybe Windows looked upon this as a newly connected modem or router and created a new Network. I did have four of them...?

Network (Windows Default)
Network1
Network2
Network3

What I have done:- HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/NetworkList/Profiles

Renamed the profile to Broadband and then deleted the duplicate profiles 1/2/3 and then restarted and it's now fine.

Back
Top Bottom