Windows 8 Windows 8.1 playing sound too fast

Baystian

I have a very weird problem where Windows plays everything too fast, whether it's music on iTunes or videos on Youtube. I started noticing it a week ago. I was confused so I opened up some DJ software I bought (Cross DJ) and sure enough if I pitched songs down by 8% everything sounded normal, so I rebooted my computer and it was fine.

After that, I started noticing it more and more. It's fine whenever I restart my computer, then everything will start acting up, and it's very inconsistent. I just tried Soundcloud now (which had the same problem) and it works fine after I just closed iTunes. I tried reinstalling my audio drivers but I did it wrong (I could play audio without my audio driver), so maybe some help with that would be a good place to start.

I have a Yoga 13 laptop running Windows 8.1

I know of two ways to recreate this effect:

· Cpu count running too fast will also make animations (such as used in games) run faster as well and indicates the cpu timer is out of sync. I’ve only ever seen this happen once and the cause was faulty over-clocking software… there is no fix beyond replacing the cpu & motherboard.

· The more common cause is audio/ video –Streaming – software running in the background… the fix is to find and turn the software off whilst playing music and video files.

Back
Top Bottom