Windows 8 does not sync settings

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Help and Support' started by jpolito1, Apr 2, 2013.

1. jpolito1

jpolito1 Member

Windows 8 does not sync IE 10 favorites (and maybe other stuff) between my two computers. Both have Win 8 Pro 64-bit using the same MS account. Both have all sync settings turned on. Is there something else I must do to enable syncing?

Thanks

2. usasma

usasma Fantastic Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

3. jpolito1

jpolito1 Member

Thank you. I tried the Microsoft Accounts troubleshooter. It tells me that sync is turned off for Personalization (on both computers), but it does not fix it. However, when I go to "Sync Your Settings," syncing is turned ON for Personalization (on both machines). Furthermore, the Personalization sync setting should not impact the Browser sync setting. I have tried turning off sync for all of the settings and then turning them back on. That has not helped. By the way, I installed Win 8 on both of these machines over previous installations of Win 7. I also had no problem syncing these browser setting previously using Windows Live Mesh when it was available.

I appreciate any help.

4. usasma

usasma Fantastic Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

It seems that you know more about Sync than I do (I don't use it).
    I'd suggest posting over in the Windows 8 Support forums to capture a broader audience of experts: Windows 8 Support

5. jpolito1

jpolito1 Member

Windows 8 won't sync settings between computers

Windows 8 won't sync IE 10 favorites (and maybe other stuff) between my two computers. Both have Win 8 Pro 64-bit using the same MS account.

I tried the Microsoft Accounts troubleshooter. It tells me that sync is turned off for Personalization (on both computers), but it does not fix it. However, when I go to "Sync Your Settings," syncing is turned ON for Personalization (on both machines). Furthermore, the Personalization sync setting should not impact the Browser sync setting. I have tried turning off sync for all of the settings and then turning them back on. That has not helped. By the way, I installed Win 8 on both of these machines over previous installations of Win 7. I also had no problem syncing these browser setting previously using Windows Live Mesh when it was available.

Help?

#5 jpolito1, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  6. jpolito1

jpolito1 Member

Thanks, I'll give it a try.