Windows 8 missing apps

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Help and Support' started by Marios Georgiou, May 3, 2013.

1. Marios Georgiou

Marios Georgiou New Member

Hello,

I installed Windows 8 with the program PWBOOT in USB disk drive and some of the apps in the metro Start Screen they didn't installed. Also the Windows store app is missing so I can't download the apps from the Windows 8 store. What should I do to bring em there? I also have a Windows 8 disc. Can I write em without deleting all the third party desktop apps? If so then how?

2. Adamsappleone

Adamsappleone U.S.Navy D.A.V.

Hello Marios, [​IMG] to Windows 8 Forums,

You could try using the "Refresh" option, open the "Charms Bar", select "Settings, then select "Change PC Settings"
    This will keep all your Files, data and currently installed programs.
    You may need to use the Windows 8 DVD to obtain the missing files during the process.
    It is possible when you put Windows 8 on the USB drive, that some files may have been corrupt or didn't copy correctly.

Hope this helps and keep us posted
    Don

#2 Adamsappleone, May 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
  3. Marios Georgiou

Marios Georgiou New Member

The "Change PC Settings" does not pop up at all.

4. MikeHawthorne

MikeHawthorne Essential Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Hi

Be Careful using Refresh if you have software installed that wasn't installed through Windows App Store.
    As I understand it it will not retain Software that was installed in the normal put in the DVD and click install manner.

You won't lose any data, but as I understand it all your games and other software will disappear.

Mike

5. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

You know Mike, that's only only confusing feature of 8 that I don't like as compared to 7. You had restore or format in 7, not so in 8, in 8 I don't see a difference between the 2 or am I just missing something.

6. Mitchell_A

Mitchell_A Excellent Member

Are you sure they're missing? Maybe they're just unpinned from your start screen. Type "store" from the main start screen and see if it pops up in app results.