Windows 8 Windows 8 missing apps

Marios Georgiou

Hello,

I installed Windows 8 with the program PWBOOT in USB disk drive and some of the apps in the metro Start Screen they didn't installed. Also the Windows store app is missing so I can't download the apps from the Windows 8 store. What should I do to bring em there? I also have a Windows 8 disc. Can I write em without deleting all the third party desktop apps? If so then how?

Hello Marios,
NJKHzvHa61pkWUe9HgBy.gif
to Windows 8 Forums,

You could try using the "Refresh" option, open the "Charms Bar", select "Settings, then select "Change PC Settings"
This will keep all your Files, data and currently installed programs.
You may need to use the Windows 8 DVD to obtain the missing files during the process.
It is possible when you put Windows 8 on the USB drive, that some files may have been corrupt or didn't copy correctly.

Hope this helps and keep us posted
Don

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Be Careful using Refresh if you have software installed that wasn't installed through Windows App Store.
As I understand it it will not retain Software that was installed in the normal put in the DVD and click install manner.

You won't lose any data, but as I understand it all your games and other software will disappear.

Mike

You know Mike, that's only only confusing feature of 8 that I don't like as compared to 7. You had restore or format in 7, not so in 8, in 8 I don't see a difference between the 2 or am I just missing something.

Are you sure they're missing? Maybe they're just unpinned from your start screen. Type "store" from the main start screen and see if it pops up in app results.

Back
Top Bottom