Windows 8 windows 8 problem, can't get program to start when windows starts

hclarkjr

i have program set to start with windows but windows will not let it start automamticly when i start the computer. i have tried right clicking on the EXE for the program and set it to run as administrator but that did not work. any othr ideas on how to get it to run? the program in qustion is called speed connect, i use it to monitor my connection and tweak some stuff with it. thanx

Hey hclarkfr, I don't use any any 3rd party apps/software or widgets like that. So I can't help advise you on your issue purse. I would guess it to be a faulty or corrupted install. You could try to uninstall and reinstall and see how that works.

I use a web based application to check my download and upload speeds when I need to. Speedtest.net which works really well.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

no, not corrupted install. i did reinstall, i use it to tweak and monitor my computer. i have comcast and they have a better speed tester than the site you linked

You might have to go to the Task Scheduler and create a task. I had to do that with Hosts Toggle in Windows 8 beta and in Vista. This was just a little exe file too.
Joe

Hello hclarkjr,

I just downloaded and installed that program, it does not start with Windows and there is no setting to do so.
The program is started manually, by clicking on the desktop icon, that is the only way to run this or any other program similar to this one. It's an internet speed testing program. I don't know about the paid version, but I assume that's where you're able to do your tweaking.

Regards
Don

Hello hclarkjr,

I just downloaded and installed that program, it does not start with Windows and there is no setting to do so.
The program is started manually, by clicking on the desktop icon, that is the only way to run this or any other program similar to this one. It's an internet speed testing program. I don't know about the paid version, but I assume that's where you're able to do your tweaking.

Regards
Don
picture is worth a thousand words.....

speed.png

Hello hclarkjr,

Regards
Don

You actually don't need an option in any program to start it with Windows. As a software developer I know that it's really just a handy part of the program that provides functional modification to the Windows registry to allow a program to run at startup. Therefore, you can just as easily do this manually, and you don't even need the Task Scheduler to do so. :)

Here's information about one way to do this: WinLogon - Userinit Information

Hi

Funny I thought I already responded to this but....

Try putting a link to the .exe file in the start-up folder and see if that starts it when Windows starts.

Mike

Back