Windows 8 windows 8 RTM Question(s)

noelian14

Hi, I'm just new here

and just wondering if anyone can answer some of my questions about windows 8 :)

i've tried windows 8 consumer preview in my netbook and was running fine
question is since its already in RTM which is in my understanding it's the OS that will be given to OEM's to reproduce for their laptop products and the final build that will be released to the market please do correct me if im wrong

can it run some of my favorite games? no problem running with elsword online
but in grand chase (with game guard) in consumer preview gameguard cant run properly (like win 7 beta)

and is it okay to run avid studio, cyberlink powerdirector , blazblue (windows live game)
sony vegas pro 64bit, photoshop cs6
are the drivers complete now? i mean does win 8 have all common drivers already?

-just wanna know its comparability to my apps :D

i'm running
win 7 ultimate service pack 1
Intel Core i5 2400 @3.10ghz
8gb ram
1tb seagate hard drive
Sapphire HD 6670 (AMD Radeon HD 6670)

Hi,

I'm running the RTM and it is compatible with most things that ran under win 7. However, this certainly isn't the case for everything.

I'll give you an example. I have an HP B110a all in one wireless printer which ran fine under win 7. Under win 8 though the windows 7 drivers won't install properly but Windows 8 Pro RTM carries it's own drivers so in the end I didn't need them.
Like anything new there is always going to be hiccups along the way although usually there is a solution to be found somewhere..

Hi,

I'm running the RTM and it is compatible with most things that ran under win 7. However, this certainly isn't the case for everything.

I'll give you an example. I have an HP B110a all in one wireless printer which ran fine under win 7. Under win 8 though the windows 7 drivers won't install properly but Windows 8 Pro RTM carries it's own drivers so in the end I didn't need them.
Like anything new there is always going to be hiccups along the way although usually there is a solution to be found somewhere..

ohh i see, then i'll try to download the trial first then hehehe :D
anyway thanks for your reply sir :)

Your very welcome and if you require further assistance then we are here to help.. :)

Just as a quick side note. If you install the preview and would like to know how to set this or that or just want to know where a certain app is then do check some of the stickies or just ask.

Your very welcome and if you require further assistance then we are here to help.. :)

Just as a quick side note. If you install the preview and would like to know how to set this or that or just want to know where a certain app is then do check some of the stickies or just ask.

yeh been exploring for a while :D

Back