elaypro

I'm trying to install Windows 8.1 from a CD i bought on my iMac Mid-2014 El Capitan OS X via Bootcamp. I also later want to upgrade to Windows 10. I went through the Bootcamp Assistant partition setup easily but when Windows 8.1 starts up and I get to the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen, there are no options whatsoever. I've included a photo of the problem.

I later was suggested to restore my Mac. I restored it completely and unfortunately it didn't help.

What should I do? Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Halloween.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2015-10-30-at-13.23.40.png
    Screen-Shot-2015-10-30-at-13.23.40.png
    184.3 KB · Views: 275
Hi

The only thing that I see is that the instructions that I found say that you need to use a USB drive to do the install even if you have a Windows install disk?

It seems to say that the Bootcamp process will make the bootable USB drive as part of the process.

Here's the instructions that I'm reading?
I haven' used a Mac in years so I don't have any experience using Bootcamp, but it's something you could look at.

The Boot Camp Assistant will copy the Windows installation files from an ISO file or physical disc to a USB drive. Windows will install itself on your Mac from this USB drive. The latest Windows drivers will also be downloaded from Apple and placed on this drive, and they’ll install automatically after you install Windows. This application will also guide you through the process of resizing your Mac’s existing system partition and creating a Windows partition.

How to Install Windows on a Mac With Boot Camp

If you've already done all this just ignore this message.

You might try asking on a on a Mac forum as well, since this is really a Mac process until you actually get Windows installed.

Mike

Last edited:
Back