Windows 7 Windows & and Skype...please help!

redheadff

I got Window's 7 (the 64 bit) and installed it about 3 weeks ago. Ever since, my Skype has been freezing like CRAZY. Not during video mode, but just regular chatting. The only way to fix it is by re-starting my computer. I have no idea how to fix this problem, or even begin to make it go away, but it is annoying and very frustrating. Also, my computer doesn't shut down correctly, I almost always have to force the shutoff because my windows sound doesn't play. Can I fix any of this?! Any help would be appreciated!

I did remove what I had and download the newest 4.1 version. There's no way to remove the upgrade that I put on is there? Or go back to the Vista I had? I didn't mind the Vista at all.....

I mean I like Windows 7, I just don't know how to do a clean install? They sent me the disk in the mail, from when I bought my computer in August. Would it mean removing Vista and then installing the new disk?

IF YOU ARE RUNNING WINDOWS 7 PRO 64BIT AND YOU HAVE CONSTANTLY FREEZES
PLEASE TRY TO RUN Skype 4.2.0.169 IN WINDOWS XP MODE, VMWARE PLAYER or VIRTUAL BOX...

...or a better approach would be to update the drivers installed on the machine so the actual base OS works correctly, so you wouldn't need to rely on an antiquated OS instead.

Back