Windows 8 Windows Blue leaked. Tweaktown images..

Coming to you live from Windows Blue (9364) and IE 11. Courtesy of Hyper-V.
All I can say right now is....... Early days.
But if a lot of people didn't like the Start Screen before..... wait till they get a load of this one.

P.S. Have to love the way this site is reporting my OS and Browser in the top right corner of my post.

Last edited by a moderator:
But if a lot of people didn't like the Start Screen before..... wait till they get a load of this one.

P.S. Have to love the way this site is reporting my OS and Browser in the top right corner of my post.

Do you think it's better or worse? I seen a few videos where you know scroll/swipe down to get an app list, can you confirm? I guess I never had a problem with the start screen before so I could careless so long as they don't cripple its functionality.

Posting from Windows Phone 8 with IE 10 results in a Windows 2000 bit for me lol, far from accurate eh.

Moving tiles about seems to require a right click and your choosing "Customize". Maybe better as it prevents inadvertent moving of tiles, maybe worse as it requires an extra click.
And if anyone figures out how to sort and move tiles about, once you have chosen to make them the new improved even smaller size let me know as I am at least temporarily stumped. They seem to inhabit their own space and are a bit jumbled about and apparently want to stay that way.
But it's new and I'm new at it, so with a bit more head-banging, I'll likely figure something out

You know me. Always want to be the first kid on my block with the shiny new toy.
But I suppose my own interest and enthusiasm will be rapidly waning as I don't see anything that's breath taking or even all that attractive.
Maybe there's some stuff under the hood which I haven't discovered yet but for the most part it looks like it's about addressing interface issues with the emphasis on touch / handheld / mobile devices.
We'll see over the next couple months. It's still a pup.

We'll see over the next couple months. It's still a pup.

Much like the early days before the consumer preview was ever released. I showed a leaked build to one of my Mac fanboy friends and his only comment was "wow it looks just like Windows 7!". There's been rumors that they're working on a metro version of windows explorer which is something I'd personally love to see and am surprised wasn't in at release.

MS is definitely working towards killing the desktop mode all together.

I couldn't resist either. Pity it is, at the moment, only 32Bit.

One improvement I did appreciate. I am enthusiastic regarding making the Modern screen work for me as a graphical start menu. It is now possible to shrink the Icons twice over. This makes them really small and you can encompass most of your popular start menu items into a single window.
Anyway, like Trouble, I found it not too exciting at this stage, but could see potential. I have since taken it off and replaced windows 8 as my primary.

One thing I forgot to add - very important for many users, apparently. After reading comments, I put some of my previously downloaded third party start menus through their paces. Startisback was based on hidden code left in by Microsoft. It has been removed and Start is back no longer works - nor will it ever. Classic worked but had som problems with a couple of the customisation issues. I didn't go any further, as I felt it best to wait for a later release, to see what else is crippled.

Microsoft Doubles Down on Modern UI with Windows Blue

Still stuck in this century? Microsoft is definitely doubling down on the Modern UI enhanements found in Windows 8, with more consistency for areas like "PC Settings", that often lacked the desktop-based Control Panel settings. Consistent with this emphasis on touch screen compatibility is the capability to resize tiles, move them around differently, share stuff from Modern UI apps like you've been able to do on Android OS for the last five years, and they've even included a calculator.

The leak being discussed hit the Internet globally as Windows Build 9364 and includes Internet Explorer 11.

Windows Blue: a video preview of what's next for Windows 8 | The Verge

Stuck with a 70:000 to 1 contrast ratio flat screen monitor and don't know why you'd need a touch screen-enabled system? Me neither! There is a company called CycloTouch that will let you turn your existing monitor into a touch screen monitor. Of course, depending on monitor size, you'd likely need to fork over anywhere from $600-$1000 USD. The technology uses infrared sensors, as long as you have your industrial-level double sided adhesive tape on hand.

Last edited:
Moving tiles about seems to require a right click and your choosing "Customize". Maybe better as it prevents inadvertent moving of tiles, maybe worse as it requires an extra click.
And if anyone figures out how to sort and move tiles about, once you have chosen to make them the new improved even smaller size let me know as I am at least temporarily stumped. They seem to inhabit their own space and are a bit jumbled about and apparently want to stay that way.
But it's new and I'm new at it, so with a bit more head-banging, I'll likely figure something out

Thanks for at least trying it though Randy. I'm not too bothered about getting a vm up and running simply to try a 32bit 'update' BUT if the 64bit get's leaked then I'll be all over it like a rash..:pirate:

I've seem some posts from people that have seen the leaked build. They say Classic Shell, Start 8 etc no longer work.
Joe

Hey Joe.
Yes I believe you are correct. As a matter of fact I believe that davehc made mention of that exact thing a couple posts above in this thread.
I'm reasonably certain that a lot of the third party start menu products will likely be reworked and rewritten to work with Blue but unfortunately as Dave mentioned StartIsBack relied on some registry entries that are not present and probably won't be present in Blue when they roll it out later this summer.

Microsoft Doubles Down on Modern UI with Windows Blue

Still stuck in this century? Microsoft is definitely doubling down on the Modern UI enhanements found in Windows 8, with more consistency for areas like "PC Settings", that often lacked the desktop-based Control Panel settings. Consistent with this emphasis on touch screen compatibility is the capability to resize tiles, move them around differently, share stuff from Modern UI apps like you've been able to do on Android OS for the last five years, and they've even included a calculator.

The leak being discussed hit the Internet globally as Windows Build 9364 and includes Internet Explorer 11.

Windows Blue: a video preview of what's next for Windows 8 | The Verge

Stuck with a 70:000 to 1 contrast ratio flat screen monitor and don't know why you'd need a touch screen-enabled system? Me neither! There is a company called CycloTouch that will let you turn your existing monitor into a touch screen monitor. Of course, depending on monitor size, you'd likely need to fork over anywhere from $600-$1000 USD. The technology uses infrared sensors, as long as you have your industrial-level double sided adhesive tape on hand.

how much for HP w1858 18.5 inch?

Back