Windows 10 Windows blue screen during 20H1 update

Adamka87

I have a big problem with my desktop pc. This is an assembled mid-range gaming pc. It always did great until Windows released the 20H1 update. Since then, if I try to update the PC during operations it crashes giving a blue screen, restoring everything to the previous restore point. I don't care much about the update itself but the fact is that now some applications, including the Xbox gamepass app for which I pay the subscription in order to use the games, no longer work correctly and asks me, in fact, for the update in order to function. I tried to install the new Windows 11 but at the moment it says that the pc is not supported (very strange thing). What do you think it can be? The motherboard BIOS (MSI) is updated to the latest version available. For the rest, the PC is equipped with a 6gb Zotac Gtx 1060 motherboard and four hard drives including two SSDs (a Samsung on which there is the operating system and a SanDisk). Do you have any idea what I can do to fix it? Thanks!

Inviato dal mio SM-A715F utilizzando Tapatalk

Apologies only just seen your post. If you still need help please read the thread sticky and use the app to upload the files we need to see (your dump files).

Apologies only just seen your post. If you still need help please read the thread sticky and use the app to upload the files we need to see (your dump files).
Hi! I don't know why but my minidump folder is empty

Inviato dal mio SM-A715F utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi,
your system may not be configured to produce them:

Open the run application.

Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.

Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.

Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.

Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.

In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'

Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.

Click ok and your good to go.

You will need to bsod again before a dump file will be created.

File scans
Your system sounds like it may have some corrupted files
Find command prompt, right click on it and run as administrator. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Back
Top Bottom