Windows 7 Windows cannot check for updates automatically

Nerdyguy

Windows action center on my computer has a message that won't go away:
"Windows could not check for updates automatically."
Other than this message, everything in Windows Update seems fine, especially the fact that it's updating automatically without a problem. Also, whenever I click the message, all that happens is the computer checks for updates, but the message remains. How do I get rid of it?

Nice post, holdum! ;) I've seen this one before. OP could also try the free Microsoft Update Fix-it Tool. That will sometimes work as well. But, it's a good idea to disable any antivirus/antispyware/firewall programs running prior to attempting to use the tool.

BBJ

:up: Now I guess we have to wait for the OP to reply. I have learned from past experiences that the OP often fixes their issue with the suggestions given them, but they never reply back. Thread created 4-5-2016! Today 4-16-2016. That's 11 days and no reply from OP.:rofl:. Nice working with you my friend! Team work is always good!

Yessir! Been there, done that.:polite: On the 4 tech forums I volunteer on, including this one, I see that all the time. I think you mentioned the other day in regard to a significant delay from OP in answering one of your posts, that you felt like you had more interest in fixing the guy's problem than the OP did!!!:eek: You are preaching to the choir, Brother!:peace: I've been saying that for years. In fact, I've gotten scolded for pinging some of these guys that post their message with a "...URGENT, LIFE-THREATENING, MUST HAVE IMMEDIATE RESPONSE", and then you don't hear back from them for like a year:rolleyes:. I'm still getting responses from some OP's out there that pop into my E-mail from posts I did 3 years ago!:noise:

Crazy, I know.
Hang in there though, and be patient.;) That's a small number of people who either travel a lot for business, or just get busy with life and can't get back to us in a timely manner. I guarantee you though, that if they were paying me $150 an hour (I used to charge that), and we were working a problem together through a forum (or a BBS in the old days!), we wouldn't have to wait 11 days, or 11 months to hear back from them.:scratch:

BBJ

Back
Top Bottom