Windows EMET making a come back.

Neemobeer

Cloud Security Engineer
Staff member
Looks like EMET is coming back as a built-in feature in the fall creators update. I've personally always used it as a free added security measure. Like other security software it's not bullet proof and there have been bypasses, but it does a good job of protecting against common avenues used by malware to exploit your system.

Microsoft bringing EMET back as a built-in part of Windows 10

this represents a step forward for microsoft … we need all the reinforcement we can get. earlier this week, picked up on an article which noted microsoft was making strides in beefing up their security center … perhaps this is part of it. and i applaud 'em for steppin' up to the plate.

if microsoft keeps up this tactic … i might just do away with my current third-party anti-virus and welcome defender back home. of course … malwarebytes and other sentries will remain in my arsenal … just not third-party av software.

i like the dashboard also … nice way to convey information:

Looks like EMET is coming back as a built-in feature in the fall creators update. I've personally always used it as a free added security measure. Like other security software it's not bullet proof and there have been bypasses, but it does a good job of protecting against common avenues used by malware to exploit your system.

Microsoft bringing EMET back as a built-in part of Windows 10
According to the EMET site it hasn't been tried on Version 1607. Does it just work or is there something that needs to be modified?

Back
Top Bottom