alexneedhelp

The windows 10 error is on repeat non stop and it is driving me crazy. I think it was when I attempted to paste something on word which didn't work and then the sound effect began and hasn't stopped since. Every now and then I get a small windows error window which appears but it goes away to quickly and I cant read what it says.
I have tried restarting, turning off and on, and removing all unnecessary inputs *usbs, keyboards etc.)
Please help me, I looked everywhere online and can't seem find a solution so pleeease I need your help!

Try checking the event logs for a repeating event.

You can find event logs by right click on the Start icon and choose Event viewer from the list.

The issue might be related to the file "officebackgroundtaskhandler.exe".

You can locate it under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\officebackgroundtaskhandler.exe.

Check event logs on your system and chances are this is the case.

Try disabling this and see if the issue persistes. Else enable it again.

To disable it follow below steps:

1. Press Windows-key, type "Task Scheduler".

2. Follow Task Scheduler > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Office

3. Locate OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration.

4. Right-click on the task and select disable.

HEy g
The issue might be related to the file "officebackgroundtaskhandler.exe".

You can locate it under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\officebackgroundtaskhandler.exe.

Check event logs on your system and chances are this is the case.

Try disabling this and see if the issue persistes. Else enable it again.

To disable it follow below steps:

1. Press Windows-key, type "Task Scheduler".

2. Follow Task Scheduler > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Office

3. Locate OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration.

4. Right-click on the task and select disable.

Hey guys, thanks for the help.
I had two versions of word (2015 and the most recent one which I had installed the day before), I deleted the 2015 version and restarted my computer again and the sound stopped.
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the sound, does it?

Try checking the event logs for a repeating event.

You can find event logs by right click on the Start icon and choose Event viewer from the list.
I had two versions of word (2015 and the most recent one which I had installed the day before), I deleted the 2015 version and restarted my computer again and the sound stopped.

Well it sounds like (pun not intended :) ) they were conflicting with each other. See how you go and if the issue returns pop back.

Just to clear any system corruption try running these scans using an admin command prompt ( look in start menu under 'windows system' for command prompt, right click on it and click run as admin.

File scans
In the 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Back