Windows 7 Windows failed to start?!

haruthefrog

Hey guys

I'm trying to turn my laptop on and this is coming up -

"Windows failed to start, a recent hardware or software change might be the cause"

I'd appreciate it if anyone can help me solve this error. I don't have my installation disc. I don't know what to do!

Sincerely,
n00b.

Solution
Oh :/ is there any way to get the photos? I want to save them from being wiped if I can.

Thanks

There is one way to save your files from your laptop. I just tested it again to be sure. I ran Linux Mint 16 off a USB flashdrive (NO NEED to install to your laptop) and all physical hard drives are accessible there and you can transfer all your files to an external storage (USB flashdrive or hard drive). But you will need another laptop to create a USB bootable Linux Mint OS to run on your laptop. Maybe a friend's machine can help you. You can go to Linux Mint 16 website and there is a simple tutorial there on how to create a bootable USB. By the way, Linux Mint 16 is FREE for everyone. Screenshot below:

I agree with...
If you can boot into the Recovery options, have you tried the Last known Good option? If there was some option to boot to basic video, I would try that after.