Windows 8 Windows File transfer

gadgetguycj

Hi, I started to transfer a file in Windows 8.1 pro but it will only use up to 22% watching the disk in task manager. I tested it in crystal mark and HD tune and they both give the hard drive 150 MB's Read /write. This is EXTREMEMLY annoying for network transfers as well since I can get 250 MB's R / W out of a server from NIC teaming. How can I set it to use 100% for file transfer? And NO it isn't the main drive so I do not care about other processes. The picture bellow is the hard drive (Drive F: ) during a file transfer. Please ignore the other drive (K:)
Capture75467.JPG

If you expect someone to answer within a few minutes you are in the wrong place.
People log in when they have the time, they don't sit here waiting for a new post.

If you were patient you would probably get and answer tomorrow, when people have had a chance to go through the forum and see it there is a post that they have the knowledge to help on.

I for one don't have a clue what your problem is but someone else here probably would.
You have to wait until the right person sees the post, and has some idea how to fix it.

For what it is worth here's what my Task Manager looks like when I'm transferring a 5 GB file.
How big is the file you are transferring?

TaskManager_zpsaf6cef1a.jpg

I notice that my task manager only shows one of my processor cores while your shows the combined capacity of your processors.
I don't quite get that?

I see that you are using 62% of your memory and I'm only using 11%.

Your response time is a lot faster then mine, but your file transfer speed is zip.

The only thing I see different as far as setup is that I have a page file setup for the disk.
Also I think it helps to partition large disks to make smaller drives out of them.

And why is, disk K showing 100% active when it it isn't involved in what you are doing?
Are you sure that isn't why it's so slow?

Mike

Back