Windows 10 Windows Firewall Off

Fenway16

Honorable Member
When I open the security menu I am unable to activate the firewall. McAfee has a firewall as well - I try to turn that one on and it won't turn on either. Brand new win 10 as of today. Finding it difficult to get either of these very needed elements to work. Help!

Did you try to turn it on as administrator (from administrator account)?

No actually I didn't. I haven't set up a new system in about 8 years - just got away from me trying to figure out the system. Bet that's the answer! Thanks.

I just went to the user account menu and it shows my name as administrator...so don't understand why the firewall keeps deactivating. McAfee has a firewall on this system as well. I don't know how to fix all of this. I am going to remove mcafee and load Avast - and use windows firewall -- maybe that will fix. Thanks.

I uninstalled mcafee and now all works fine. The windows firewall is activated and no more notifications. I guess it was a conflict between the 2 programs.

I uninstalled mcafee and now all works fine. The windows firewall is activated and no more notifications. I guess it was a conflict between the 2 programs.

That was the next thing I was thinking of.
Glad you figured it out.

Back
Top Bottom