Windows 7 Windows in a different language.. HELP

Tom Lister

Please help i factory reset my laptop, and reinstalled windows, but when it was reinstalling it would NOT let me change the language, so i carry on hoping i can change it later on, turns out i cant, i keep reading about that i have to go into control panel but nothing is there, also it wont even let me connect to the internet because there is no adapter, its in german i think, please someone help

Hi Tom,
it sounds like your using a German version os which had a english language pack attached. If you know the name of the model your using you could visit the website (laptop drivers are supplied by the manufacturer) support page. There you should find driver downloads. Download the network driver and pop it onto either a usb stick or DVD disk. You will then be able to install it on the laptop (I'm assuming you have access to the net because of your post) once you have access to the internet you can then download the relevant language pack. To use the language packs one has to be using either an Ultimate/Pro or Enterprise edition of windows.

Is it possible to ask a friend or work colleague?

Plus how come your accessing the forum or is that by phone?

I suppose i could, im accessing my phone. It is saying that my wireless adapter isnt there, would you say it is the driver or has it fried it or soemthing stupid like that

I think it's simply a case of installing the driver. If you look in device manager you'll probably see a yellow question mark this is because Windows doesn't have the correct driver and is unsure what the component is. If you post the make and model i'm sure i could point you in the right direction.

That's odd isn't it? Didn't you use the os in English before or whatever the language was originally?

well it wasnt my laptop originally, i got the laptop off of a friend so everything was on it already, i havent actually put the adapter onto the laptop yet, but whilst i am on another laptop is that definatly the right driver to connect to wireless?

If you see a wifi icon on the taskbar then you probably need to right click on it and enter your router or modem details. If you don't have an icon in the taskbar you may need a wifi driver so go back to the site and install the latest wifi driver too. This guide will help in setting up your wifi:
http://digitalunite.com/guides/using-internet-0/connecting-internet/how-connect-wifi

I just thought it might be a bit difficult if your having to read a German os?

Hmm... Try restarting the modem/router device. Turn it off for around a minute and see if that helps. Your obviously on the right track.

Back