Windows 8 Windows keeps flickering

Alex Monje

When i play minecraft or any game, my Screen will flicker and show my wallpaper and the icon in the taskbar would start moving making playing games annoying to play and cause some frame lag. This sometimes happenes with chrome and windows explorer. I have all graphics drivers up to date (Intel HD graphics and Nvidia) as well as my display and nothing seems to work. As long as i don't touch my mouse or keyboard it seems fine but if i move my mouse it starts to flicker. All drivers mouse, keyboard, display, graphics, java (32 and 64 bit) drivers up to date.

It may look like the whole screen is flickering but its only the window that the game is running on
Videos:

PC Specs:
Name: Lenovo Edge 15 2-in-1
Cpu: Intel Core i7-4510U @ 2.00GHZ, Clock 2.60GHZ
Gpu: Nvidia Geforce 840M 2GB
Ram: 8GB DDR3L
Storage: 1TB Serial ATA Hard Drive
Display: 1920 x 1080,60Hz Ips Touch Screen

Last edited:
I'd start by turning off some of the back ground apps...
Screenshot (114).png

You don't need GWX or skydrive to play games so start there.
Screenshot (115).png

When you say all games, do you mean online games only or not i.e. if you open a local game and play it in flight mode (internet off) I assume this issue goes away yes?

Yes all games singleplayer and online do that and i tried it on airplane mode and it is still the same and for some reason i can play games fine as long as i use my 360 controller but when i start using my mouse it does the flickering. i just had a session of far cry 4 and got no flickering. The only problem is that i want to play minecraft and i cant use a controller.

Last edited:
and the windows logo that you circled is my reservation for windows 10 im hoping that upgrading will cause this issue to go away because i started having this issue when i did an "Update and Restart" on my laptop

Last edited:
Alex may I ask when you play are you on battery power or plugged into the mains? If your not plugged into the mains I would try that. Plus why don't you play full screen?

I use my laptop as a desktop and it is always plugged in and when I play in full screen it still flickers and the taskbar would flicker at the bottom of the screen

I did a little googling to try and see if the issue was prevalent with that model or all Lenovos and came across this:

If the above is of no help then try the Lenovo forums and see if anyone with the same model have been having similar issues.

If you look at my video you will notice the icon on the taskbar always moving and the title of the game always saying (Not Responding) for like half a second

Bought it last November and I still have until this november to get a new one but that is my last solution becuase I have a lot of important files on my laptop and im going to have to buy an external hard drive to move everything

I used "Trouble shoot a problem" and ran it in windows 7 capability and it fixed my problem I think it was in the OS hopefully Windows 10 wont have that problem. Thanks for you help!

Last edited:
Ok Alex glad to hear you have a solution. Post back if the issues return or continue.

Back