Windows 7 Windows Loading Screen is black

Derkka

Alright so to begin, I'm currently using a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, everything has been running great for the past 3 months give or take. Then all of a sudden about a week ago i lost internet even though everything was all hooked up. So I figured i would restart my PC, to my surprise i get to where Windows would normally start loading, however it was just a black screen where a "_" would blink about 5 times then go away.

So I'm looking at just a black screen (no sound whatsoever) , at first i thought it was my HD that died, but i had an idea. I popped in an old Win XP Boot disk and for boot option i selected my CD drive, and to my surprise it actually brought me to the regular windows 7 loading screen that was previously black.

I figured maybe i had some sort of virus or something, so i ran an AVG scan as well as a Spybot scan. However today, i lost internet again, but it still showed me as still connected to the network, i was just unable to get to any websites.

So i figured i would reboot to fix it again, and of course i get that black screen. However this time i know to boot from the CD drive and of course it works. Now my question is, does anyone have any clue whats going on and how to fix said issue?

PC Specs are:
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20 GHz
2 GB DDR2 Ram

It might be a video card driver or the Windows BSOD (BLACK screen of death). If it's the second, check this out:
Recent Windows Patch Causes "Black Screen of Death" Unrelated to Microsoft Update

If not, I'm runinng off to some errands and will see if others had replied or not when I get back and try to further help.

Oh, of course, try to do I system restore to before the problem started. Also, try to press F8 on boot and choose to boot into Windows with a lower resolution (VGA mode) and see if that helps.

Here are a few things you can try to do:

Check to make sure the IDE cable of the HDD is not damaged (or SATA)

Then try this:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Update your display drivers.

You can try to set your BIOS back to default.

It might also be a corrupted MBR. Read here and follow instructions to recover:
How to repair MBR on Windows 7 | eHow.com
PC Hell: BIOS Error Beep Codes

Does your PC beep when you turn it on? Count the number of beeps and remember the pattern. Then go here: PC Hell: BIOS Error Beep Codes and find the correct pattern and what it says the pattern means and post it back here, we can give suggestions how to fix it if you need them.
The beep information on Intel boards is available at:
Desktop Boards — BIOS beep codes

Back