Windows Memory Integrity Locking Cpu At Base Speed

Keep it on or off?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Matthewb41191

Hey all so I've been running into an issue when I turn on my computer the CPU is stuck at base speed of 2.9 when I have it clocked to always be at 4.6ghz. Recently I went and turned on memory integrity as windows was suggesting it and when I do so it locks my cpu speed at 2.9 and when I turn it off it stays at 4.6 any help would be great

It seems that enabling Memory Integrity on your Windows computer is causing your CPU speed to be locked at its base frequency of 2.9 GHz and preventing it from reaching the overclocked speed of 4.6 GHz.

Memory Integrity is a security feature in Windows that helps protect your system by checking the integrity of drivers and system files. It works by enabling hardware-based memory isolation and lockdown features in the processor, such as Hypervisor-protected code integrity (HVCI) and virtualization-based security (VBS).

However, this feature can cause compatibility issues with certain hardware components, such as your CPU. If your CPU is not recognized by Windows as a compatible processor, it may be restricted to its base frequency when Memory Integrity is enabled.

To resolve this issue, you can try disabling Memory Integrity in Windows by following these steps:

1. Click the Start button and open the Settings app.
2. Click on Update & Security.
3. Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
4. Click on Device Security from the right pane.
5. Under the "Core isolation" section, click on Core isolation details.
6. Then, toggle off the Memory integrity switch.

After disabling Memory Integrity, restart your computer and see if your CPU returns to its overclocked speed. If this does not work, you can try updating your motherboard BIOS and CPU drivers to ensure that they are compatible with Memory Integrity.

It is also worth mentioning that overclocking your CPU can cause stability issues and reduce its lifespan, so it is important to make sure that your system components are properly cooled and tested for stability.

It seems that enabling Memory Integrity on your Windows computer is causing your CPU speed to be locked at its base frequency of 2.9 GHz and preventing it from reaching the overclocked speed of 4.6 GHz.

Memory Integrity is a security feature in Windows that helps protect your system by checking the integrity of drivers and system files. It works by enabling hardware-based memory isolation and lockdown features in the processor, such as Hypervisor-protected code integrity (HVCI) and virtualization-based security (VBS).

However, this feature can cause compatibility issues with certain hardware components, such as your CPU. If your CPU is not recognized by Windows as a compatible processor, it may be restricted to its base frequency when Memory Integrity is enabled.

To resolve this issue, you can try disabling Memory Integrity in Windows by following these steps:

1. Click the Start button and open the Settings app.
2. Click on Update & Security.
3. Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
4. Click on Device Security from the right pane.
5. Under the "Core isolation" section, click on Core isolation details.
6. Then, toggle off the Memory integrity switch.

After disabling Memory Integrity, restart your computer and see if your CPU returns to its overclocked speed. If this does not work, you can try updating your motherboard BIOS and CPU drivers to ensure that they are compatible with Memory Integrity.

It is also worth mentioning that overclocking your CPU can cause stability issues and reduce its lifespan, so it is important to make sure that your system components are properly cooled and tested for stability.
So it definitely is causing it to stay at stock speeds I did all the above mentioned all drivers and bios up to date as well as no stability or thermal throttling problems and still the problem persists

So it definitely is causing it to stay at stock speeds I did all the above mentioned and still the problem persists
If you have already tried disabling Memory Integrity in Windows and updating your motherboard BIOS and CPU drivers and the issue still persists, you can try the following steps:

1. Open your computer's BIOS settings by pressing the appropriate key when your computer is booting up (This is usually F2, F10 or Delete, but it may vary based on your computer's manufacturer).
2. Look for an option called "Intel SpeedStep" or "AMD Cool'n'Quiet" in your BIOS settings and disable it.
3. Look for an option called "CPU Core Ratio" or "CPU Ratio" in your BIOS settings and set it to the maximum clock speed (in your case, 46 or 4.6 GHz).
4. Look for an option called "CPU Core Voltage" or "Vcore" in your BIOS settings and set it to manual. Change the voltage to the manufacturer's recommended voltage for your CPU at your preferred clock speed.
5. Save and exit your BIOS settings.

If the above steps do not solve your issue, you may want to contact your CPU manufacturer and see if they have any suggestions.

It is also important to ensure that your system is properly cooled and that your power supply can handle the increased power draw from the overclocked CPU. Overclocking your CPU can cause stability issues and reduce its lifespan, so it is important to monitor your CPU temperatures and test your system for stability.

If you have already tried disabling Memory Integrity in Windows and updating your motherboard BIOS and CPU drivers and the issue still persists, you can try the following steps:

1. Open your computer's BIOS settings by pressing the appropriate key when your computer is booting up (This is usually F2, F10 or Delete, but it may vary based on your computer's manufacturer).
2. Look for an option called "Intel SpeedStep" or "AMD Cool'n'Quiet" in your BIOS settings and disable it.
3. Look for an option called "CPU Core Ratio" or "CPU Ratio" in your BIOS settings and set it to the maximum clock speed (in your case, 46 or 4.6 GHz).
4. Look for an option called "CPU Core Voltage" or "Vcore" in your BIOS settings and set it to manual. Change the voltage to the manufacturer's recommended voltage for your CPU at your preferred clock speed.
5. Save and exit your BIOS settings.

If the above steps do not solve your issue, you may want to contact your CPU manufacturer and see if they have any suggestions.

It is also important to ensure that your system is properly cooled and that your power supply can handle the increased power draw from the overclocked CPU. Overclocking your CPU can cause stability issues and reduce its lifespan, so it is important to monitor your CPU temperatures and test your system for stability.
I did once again the above solution with no luck it still stays at 2904mhz

1 the robot doesn't actully think or know stuff
2 why do you want the cpu base speed changed... is this just for shits and giggles/ learning on a system you are happy to have die?

2 why do you want the cpu base speed changed... is this just for shits and giggles/ learning on a system you are happy to have die?
Do you even know what it is your replying too or just being a smart ass

Not once did I say I want the base speed itself changed the problem is when I activate windows integrity it keeps me locked at my base speed of 2.9 when normally I hit 4.6. If you don't have an actual constructive answer piss off thank you😑

I did once again the above solution with no luck it still stays at 2904mhz

Sorry I couldn't contact the ChatGPT think tank :(

Do you even know what it is your replying too or just being a smart ass

Not once did I say I want the base speed itself changed the problem is when I activate windows integrity it keeps me locked at my base speed of 2.9 when normally I hit 4.6. If you don't have an actual constructive answer piss off thank you😑
So when the bot says that it just means it can't contact the OpenAI API, probably due to server constraints on their end. Now, in terms of your previous remediation for this, double check your power settings and make sure you're in High Performance mode. Other than that I'm not entirely sure at this time as to why this would happen.

I apologize for the confusion in my previous messages. Since you have tried all the solutions like disabling Memory Integrity, updating BIOS and CPU drivers, and adjusting the BIOS settings but didn't work, I would suggest you try some advanced troubleshooting steps.

Here are few to get started:

1. Try running a malware scan on your system to ensure that there is no malware causing the issue.
2. Test your CPU with some benchmarking tools to check if it is functioning as expected.
3. Try running the system with only one RAM stick installed and see if it resolves the issue.
4. Reset your BIOS settings to the default settings and then try modifying the CPU clock speed and voltage settings again.
5. Check for any BIOS updates available for your motherboard and install them.

I hope these troubleshooting steps help you resolve the issue you are facing. If the issue still persists, you may want to contact your CPU or motherboard manufacturer for further assistance.

And yes I'd really keep it off if your goal is to overclock. The core isolation/memory integrity will just slow things down quite a bit..

So when the bot says that it just means it can't contact the OpenAI API, probably due to server constraints on their end. Now, in terms of your previous remediation for this, double check your power settings and make sure you're in High Performance mode. Other than that I'm not entirely sure at this time as to why this would happen.
I wasn't worried about the bot it was the other account ussnorway saying things that did not help just gave me an attitude I did not deserve. Thank you for your response it's not a killer just very puzzling why that one setting is locking my system down to 2.9

Back